17 | Graham's Brother and The Crown Prince

|©Reandayo - 18 February, 2018|

A tall, broad shoulder man was attracting attention to the imperial guards who has been busy forcing the Wellington's household to open the doors. Not because of his handsome face, but his intimidating aura.

"It's good to see you still breathing, Graham. But did you hear what your men has said or have you gone deaf?" A general who stood beside the commander asked with a mocking tone, "His highness was requesting your young miss' presence, not yours."

"I believe my hearing ability is still working perfectly, General Noah." Graham answered, unflattered with the obvious resentment the general showed, as he glared at the general with a killer gaze, "But I have to apologize, the Wellington's young miss is not able to meet his highness due to her busy schedule right now."

While how Graham' statement was meant that she has defied the crown prince's order, but he also stated with clear voice that she is the daughter of a noble house who the royals need to think twice to touch.

Of course, Noah, the general who is now clouded with rage did not notice the unspoken threat.

"What are you talking about?! Did you just disobeyed his highness!? You insolent bastard! Call your young miss now!" Noah shouts echoed through the large room.

The soldiers were baffled and scared by their general's tone, while the other was afraid of it's content.

The reason why they have not get inside by force was because of the status the young miss had.

The first daughter of the cold-blooded third prince that has claimed the title by his own hands and not by blood, which earned many respects from people. He even stood a chance of being a king but instead took a step back to marry a duke's daughter in another kingdom and started his debut in the business world with the company his mother left him.

Rumors made a quote to describe the ruthless man in the battlefield, what happened to the bird that stop singing? The duke killed it.

If Elena heard this she will probably scoffed and sneered.

This ruthless man is very doting and tolerant to his children and made the previous Elena a b!7(# to the root!

And what's with that quote?
Is he this world's version of Nobunaga Oda?

If even the crowns were afraid of what the man is capable of, as a mere general you won't even stood a chance with the Wellington duke who once lead millions men at war.

"Enough, Noah!" The commander in a suit warned the foolish general, "One more and you shall receive punishment for being disrespectful!"

"But he-!"

"Do I need to repeat myself?" The commander asked with a stern voice which stiffened his own soldiers.

"No, sir." Noah silently frowned in shame after getting scolded in public.

Graham currently is under the wings of the duke's head and was one of his people, so if you insulted him it means you have also insulted the duke.

While Graham was nonchalant, they just hope that the duke won't hear this unexciting event.

"Commander Oleander, pardon my rudeness but I hope you understand my current condition of being young miss' current guardian. His highness the crown prince cannot see her, and that is final."

"You-!" Noah stopped at Oleander's hand that instruct him to stop.

The commander calm himself before smiling politely to Graham, "We are brothers, we do not need such formalities. Let us talk about this, yeah?"

Graham was unbreakable, ignoring the commander's words he decided to retreat himself, "Now that I see no need to stay for I have delivered my duty, I hope you won't distrub the young miss again, let me excuse myself."

Watching Graham's back, Oleander smiled sadly.

I see you still hold grudge with me. You have been good at it. I am sorry brother. I will try to amendment my mistakes at past. If today is not the chance, then I will try again later.

"Look at that, commander! He was disrespecting you!" Finally Noah's voice break his thoughts, "He ignored you and-!"

"Enough, Noah." Oleander swiftly fix his suit and walk to the royal highness's car, "Let us report back to his royal highness. He has been waiting for quite a long time now."

"Commander! You have always been too soft with that brother of yours! You need to beat him out to get the sense out of him! He-!"

"I deserve it." Oleander stopped walking and look at him with a serious expression, "Now are you going to protest all day long there or are you going to do your job? I said let's go back."

Noah gulped as he silently obey the young commander.

.

.

.

"Elena Aestrea Wellington personally deny my request? Not because under the order of her father?" A young boy repeated with a surprised tone as he seat in the luxury car with his eyes bore to the two men in front of him.

His domineering aura and charisma had betrayed his eleven years old body. Even the two men is having difficulty conversing with him.

"It seems to be like that, your highness. My spy told me that she seems to not care of your own existence as she's busy rummaging through a pile of books in the library." Noah answered.

"That's weird, the previous Elena was eager to see his fiance. Is it because we're not engaged yet? Or has my previous plan influence the young Elena?"

"What did you just said, my prince?"

"No, nothing for you to be concern about." The young boy smiled innocently, "It is not important anymore, it's good that another future burden has voluntary went away. I can't risk my freedom. What's important is have you get the books I want?"

"Yes, your highness."

Oleander reach for a pack of books that was given by a servant outside the car through the window and gave it to the excited young prince.

"Sorry for being rude, your highness, but what are you doing with a romance novel story...? You are underage at reading these books. You're only... eleven." Oleander carefully pick his words.

What surprised them is a laugh coming out from the young prince. The boy wiped his tears and smirked, "It's funny how a formidable commander is seriously having a decent conversation a young boy, and somehow your words are funny."

With such charisma and bravery getting head on with the Wellington and the famous imperial commander, you can't be categorized as an ordinary young boy!

And what decent conversation? This is like a business deal and you did not fit into the picture!

"And well, this book intrigue me. Is it wrong to read these when I already have knowledge of man and woman relationship?"

From the start all of it is wrong! Where the heck did you understand those? Who is it that ruined an innocent child!? Tell us who!??

The boy laugh lightly at the astonished men in front of him as he flip through the book.

This book..... I need to get to know who made it.

Are we really only a character in a novel in this world?

|AUTHOR NOTE|

I'm going to tell you the truth.. I have been homeschooled for the last one year and a half, and I have not study in those days either because of me being careless.

Tomorrow there will be a try out from the government, and on March I will need to pass the test to step up to high school decree.

Please... just wish me luck.

I really need a hug and a shoulder to cry.