The Faeyrwynn Prophecy: Chapter Ten

A/N: 

So this chapter is out early, I guess. 

I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, I had a pretty rough day. The turtle that I bought for my boyfriend died...well, was killed...so uh, yeah. 

Rest In Peace Phillipè, I'll miss you little guy...

:'(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Cyr~

            I stood, taking our plates and brushing myself off.

“C’mon, we’re expected at the Grounds tonight,” I called back to him as I wiped down the plates and packed them away.

            Seth got up to gather the bags he and Meila had carried, before kneeling beside where she was sleeping.

            I expected him to try and wake her up, which would have been futile--she never woke up easily. But instead he picked her up, cradling her in his arms.

            I raised an eyebrow to that, knowing fully well that she could walk perfectly fine on her own.

            She was one of the toughest fey women I knew, she would walk even if she were missing a limb.

            “What?” he asked sheepishly when he noticed my expression.

I chuckled, shaking my head. He liked her already, the poor guy.

            Well at least he doesn’t have to worry about Drake, I thought morbidly.

“Nothing,” I remarked after a slight pause. Heading north, I walked briskly through the trees, careful not to leave Seth behind.

            He was stronger than I thought, for he carried Meila without complaint for several kilometers.

            I knew he must’ve had dozens of questions for me, but he didn’t speak for a long time.

            The air was warm and humid, and fog hung heavily between the trees. Nymphs and sprites darted along the branches, squeaking curiously at our presence.

            Growing impatient with the silence, I decided to address the elephant in the room, so to speak.

            “Do you want to know what she’s like? Our mother?”

~Meila~

            Fighting the urge to keep sleeping, I opened my eyes the slightest bit and found that I was no longer in my little leaf pile. Instead, I was tucked against some guy’s chest.

            Whoever he was, he smelled good. Kind of like sandalwood and pine needles, I thought idly. I snuggled closer, drowsily content with the proximity.

            The gentle rocking of his gait lulled me back to sleep, and I soon gave up trying to fight it.

~Seth~

            My curiosity got the best of me.

“Sure,” I replied, trying to sound casual.

            “Her name was Emily, even though I didn’t know it until I was rescued,” he said, looking over his shoulder.

I ducked under a low branch, crouching so that Meila didn’t hit anything.