19- The Dirtiest Quidditch Match In History

Security was increased ten fold.

The Fat Lady returned to her post, but only agreed to do so if she had some security.

Two trolls had been hired for the role. They paced the corridor brandishing clubs and groaning.

Professor Flitwick had been seen with a large picture of Sirius Black attempting to teach the front doors to recognize him.

Filtch had been boarding up everything from small cracks to statues to prevent Black entering the castle.

Ron had become a celebrity overnight, he could be heard telling his story loudly at any opportunity he was given.

People had tried to ask Venus what had happened, as it was clear that something had gone down between her and Black, but after she had threatened a fifth year with the bat bogy hex people began to get the message that she didn't want to talk about it.

Venus even refused to tell Mali and Ginny exactly what had happened, she didn't want to think about what had happened as it just made her question everything that she thought she had known.

Instead Venus focused on Quidditch. The Quidditch final was drawing closer, which had put Oliver Wood on edge.

He wouldn't allow Harry to go anywhere without an escort and it was clear to everyone how annoyed the boy was getting.

"You know I'll be surprised if he doesn't bite Wood's head off soon," Mali was watching Wood berate Harry with strategies in the common room one night.

"I would put good money on it," Venus agreed. "Checkmate!"

"Damn!" Ginny noticed that her sister had backed her into a corner. "Alright you win!" Ginny said unwillingly, "but I swear I'll beat you next time."

"You wish!" Venus laughed.

********

Venus couldn't sleep the night before the Quidditch match, her brain was far too full of plays that she, Katie and Angelina had been practicing non stop.

She slipped her boots on and slipped out of the dormatries.

The security trolls payed her no attention as she slipped silently past them.

Once again Venus found herself sat down by the lake and once again to her surprised the black dog found it's way to her side.

It placed it's head in her lap and she stroked it's head.

"It's been a while hasn't it," Venus mused as she looked over the lake, "how have you been doing?" She asked the dog.

He replied with a soft bark.

"I haven't been very good," she answered, "you see I have this Quidditch match tomorrow, but I can't stop thinking about what happened with my father in the common room, why didn't he just kill me?" She wondered aloud.

The dog didn't reply.

She continued to stroke it's head absentmindedly.

"Prehaps he really is mad." Venus murmered.

********

When the sun began to rise Venus headed back into the castle and sat down at the Gryffindor table next to Harry.

"You couldn't sleep either?" He asked her, "I saw you in the grounds."

"Yeah," Venus grabbed some toast, "I went for a walk."

"You were with a big black dog?" Harry frowned.

"That's just some friendly stray," Venus began to eat her toast, "I've walked with him a few times."

"Oh." Harry said

They fell silent and eventually the rest of the team wondered into the hall.

They ate in silence, even Wood was speechless.

They headed down towards the pitch.

They changed into their robes and sat down waiting for Wood's normal pep talk. But it never came.

It seemed he had lost the ability to speak.

The team walked out onto the field to loud cheers.

"Here we have the Gryffindor team of Wood, Johnson, Bell, Weasley, Weasley, Weasley and Potter, widley regarded as the best side Hogwarts has seen in years-" Lee Jordan's comment was met with loud boos from the Slytherins, but very loud cheers from the Gryffindors (Venus could hear Mali yelling herself hoarse in the crowd).

Marcus Flint shook hands with Wood, and it looked like they were trying to break each other's fingers.

Madam Hooch blew the whistle and the game began.

"And it's Bell with the Quaffle, steaming up the pitch, underpass to Weasley who zooms off on the Firebolt and- WEASLEY SCORES!" Lee Jordan's voice boombed across the pitch.

Gryffindor took an early thirty point lead, which seemed to anger the Slytherins.

"Weasley with the Quaffle, Weasley to Johnson-Nice dodge there, Johnson back to Weasley- THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"

Bowel, one of the Slytherin beaters had whacked Venus around the head with his club.

"I thought she was a Bludger!" He said stupidly when Madam Hooch zoomed over.

"And thats a penalty to Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan yelled.

"You okay Weasley?" Katie Bell asked. Venus nodded, slightly dazed.

Angelena scored the penalty with ease, but the match soon turned into the dirtiest game of Quidditch that Venus had every heard of.

After Angelena scored the Slytherin beaters launched both Bludgers straight at Wood, they caught him in the stomach. That earned another penalty to Gryffindor, but Katie was so angry she missed the goalpost.

Venus obtained the Quaffle and one of the Slytherin Chasers jumped off his broom attempting to claw it from her hands. Venus shoved him off which earnt both teams penalties.

George took his frustrations out by pelting a Bludger at the Chaser as he tried to take the penalty, which earnt Slytherin another Penalty.

Prehaps the most entertaining thing was Lee's commentary, "YOU CHEATING SCUM!" he yelled after Malfoy pulled Harry's broom back, preventing him catching the snitch. "YOU HORRID CHEATING- I'm just calling it how I see it professor!"

The crowd was roaring as Venus scored another goal. Putting the score at 160-240 with Gryffindor in the lead.

They were fifty points up. If Harry could just catch the Snitch now then it would all be over and they would have won the cup.

"It's Weasley with the Quaffle- Bell- Johnson-Bell, Bell Scores- Wait a moment- was that the snitch?"

Draco Malfoy had put on a burst of speed at one end of the pitch. Venus looked around and saw Harry zooming towards him form the other end.

Malfoy was ahead, but Harry was gaining on him, they were neck and neck and then Harry pulled out of his dive with a massive grin on his face.

Venus, Katie and Angelena zoomed towards him from the Slytherin goalposts.

The team crashed in a mid air group hug.

"WE WON THE CUP!" Fred yelled.

They sunk to the ground, cheering and yelling.

When they landed they we're swarmed with Gryffindor supporters.

Venus felt herself being lifted above the crowd and pushed towards the podium where a sobbing Oliver Wood stood holding the Quidditch cup.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx