CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

→ CHAPTER SIXTEEN; A SECOND GUNSHOT.

Waking up naked, wrapped in Michael's arms was a welcoming feeling that Hannah was already starting to get addicted to. One of his hands was lazily pressed against her stomach, the other resting besides her naked form, possibly uncomfortable but Michael was blissfully aware as he slept - at least that's what she thought.

Knowing that Hannah was awake, Michael sneaked his hand down to Hannah's core - earning a moan from Hannah in response. His finger lazily trailed along her slit as Hannah opened her leg involuntary, desperate for the feeling of his digits against her clit like they had been last night. Soft moans and whimpers left Hannah's lips as she shut her legs around Michael's hand, trapping him in between her thighs. Hannah began to roll her hips backwards and forwards as she let the pleasure run through her body, not caring at all about how loud she was getting.

"That's it, darling," Michael cooed in her ear before pressing a few kisses against Hannah's head. "You know what you want, don't you?"

Hannah nodded, unable to form words as she let herself become more and more desperate with every roll of her hips. Michael was finding it hard to keep calm as he felt Hannah's wetness soak his hands but the sight of Hannah using his hands and fingers to get herself off was heavenly.

"Oh, Michael," she softly whispered as she leaned forward a little, the pleasure becoming too much.

With his free hand, Michael pulled Hannah's thighs apart. "Let me take care of my girl." Gulping, Hannah rolled over, so she was on her back and allowed the sheets to fall, revealing every inch of her upper body to Michael. "What a bloody angel."

Hannah blushed at his words and looked up at Michael with nothing but love; how did she get so lucky? The loving thoughts soon vanished and turned to lust as Michael inserted two fingers into Hannah, her arousal making it easy for him to gain access. Loud moans blessed the air of the luxurious bedroom as Michael continued with his movements and with each thrust of his fingers, Hannah could feel her orgasm growing closer.

Michael moved his mouth to Hannah's shoulders where he left open-mouth kisses along the skin, taking his time to admire a bruise along her neck that would soon become more. It would be hard to keep away from the Sister's, but Michael knew that Hannah would be successful in doing so.

"Are you going to come for me?" he asked.

"Yes - " Hannah's own voice failed her as she arched her back and clung onto Michael's arm. The sight of the woman that he loved with every inch of his body coming undone because of him was remarkable. After sleeping around during his time at Small Heath and thinking that there was something electric about a one-night stand, Michael came to the conclusion that he never wanted to go back to that life. He was over the moon with Hannah and he did not want to be with any other woman.

+++

Around a month later, after the wedding celebrations had fizzled out and Hannah had returned to her midwife responsibilities, an invitation was popped through the letterbox at the convent. It was addressed to Hannah and she recognised the handwriting as Grace's due to the friendly card she received a few days after the wedding, thanking her for being present.

"This is for you," Sister Maria said during mealtime, placing the decorative invitation down beside Hannah's toasted bread.

Hannah thanked Sister Maria before undoing the envelope and reading the invitation. It was for a charity foundation dinner that was going to be held at Tommy and Grace's stunning house in the countryside. Michael had not mentioned it to her, but he had been distant in the recent weeks, short one-word answers and getting out of Hannah's way as quickly as possible. It was insulting, considering the fact that she had gave him her everything, shown her love and accepted his but Hannah didn't want to question it and simply thought that his bleak mood would pass with time. There were times when he was still the same Michael that she had fell in love with - joyful, full of jokes and brightening Hannah's day up.