39- Family Reunions: Round 2

On Friday morning, I’m woken up by the ring of my phone. I’m so exhausted that I don’t even look at my phone before pressing the answer button and putting it to my ear.

“Hello?” I mumble, trying not to sound irritable even though I was just woken up and that irritates me.

“Is this Sienna?” I hear a familiar deep voice on the other end.

It’s not my dad though, which Is very fortunate because I’m just now getting over that first scare from Wednesday. “Yeah. Hello, Mr. Shaw,” I greet Penn’s father. I haven’t spoken to him since I went to brunch with him so hopefully he has some good news pertaining to Ana.

“Good morning,” He greets me. “I didn’t mean to wake you but I have some good news.”

“That’s okay,” I assure him with a yawn as I sit up. “Is it about Ana?”

“It is,” He confirms. “I spoke with her doctors and I discussed it with my wife. We have arranged for Ana to come home tomorrow instead of at the end of August. I think it’s for the best and not just for Ana but for Penn too.

“That’s wonderful,” I grin excitedly, running my fingers through my hair as a habit. “That’s so great. Thank you so much, Mr. Shaw. Penn will be so happy.”

“I’m glad that you brought this to our attention,” Penn’s dad says. “Her flight should arrive at about six tomorrow night if you want to take Penn to go get her at LAX.”

“Yeah, we’ll do that. Thanks again, Mr. Shaw, this will really mean a lot to him,” I say.

“Of course. Bring Ana to the house when she’s ready to come home- we’re all eager to see her home,” He tells me.

I tell him that I will and then we say our goodbyes and I hang up with a huge grin on my face. Looking over the bunk, I see that Stella’s still sleeping in her bottom bunk and on the alarm clock, it says that it’s only nine o’clock. I’m kind of bummed that Penn is already in class so I can’t go celebrate with him even though he still has no idea about his sister coming home. It’s one week into August so she’s coming home three weeks early which will mean a lot to Penn, I think, when he sees her tomorrow. I can take him out to dinner and make a whole thing out of it too and it’ll be amazing.

Since Stella is still asleep and Penn is at practice, I find this to be the perfect time to go back to sleep for another few hours before I actually get up to start the day.

The next time that I wake up, it’s because Stella is on the phone with somebody and she just screamed about something. I open my eyes and look down over my bunk at her as she’s doing a happy dance around our tiny dorm room, unaware that I’m awake and watching her do so.

“What’s got you all happy?” I wonder with a laugh.

She squeals in shock and turns to look at me. “Oh, hey. Um, well…”

“You have to tell me,” I demand jokingly as I see her having trouble with how to tell me what she’s so happy about and I’m seriously really curious as to what it is.

“Okay, well maybe you and Mason were right about that thing with Andrew,” Stella decides sheepishly and I start to grin from ear to ear. Before I can say a very loud ‘I told you so’ she continues speaking. “I don’t know. I mean, he just asked me out- hence the excitement- so I guess I’ll know for sure after this date that is tomorrow.”

“That is so great!” I exclaim. “We should celebrate with a trip to Victoria Secret or something today.”

“Ooh,” She grins. “Is somebody feeling a little frisky with her boyfriend?”