Seventeen

« 17—MAGIC »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Talia fled to her room as soon as she turned away from him, not looking back this time

~~~•~~~
Talia fled to her room as soon as she turned away from him, not looking back this time.

She hid there for the next few hours, watching as the sun began to dip below the tall buildings that littered the city from her window.

She didn't understand Alec, not in the slightest. Although, his recent actions of ignoring her existence seemed to now make some sense. But if he was going to avoid someone, wouldn't it have made sense to be Izzy or Jace as they are the ones whose opinion matter most to him?

Sighing as she flopped down onto her freshly made bed, Talia raised her right hand, palm up as she allowed the magic to tickle her fingertips.

Alec had told that it would be best if she hid her powers from the other Shadowhunters, and she had agreed but that didn't mean she craved for the feeling of letting her magic free. The glowing of the sapphire coloured wisps distracted her mind as she began to wonder what more she could do.

She balled her hand into a fist, thinking of a specific memory and then releasing it. From the palm, a holographic like image appeared containing the memory that she was yet to understand the meaning of; the blonde haired couple with the young girl - her parents.

The brunette furrowed her eyebrows as she concentrated on the details of the womans' face. Her face was kind, with her soft features and her bright smile that she showered on the girl and those dazzling blue-green eyes that Talia wished she possessed. Talia could tell that her mother was not too much older than she was at this point in time.

Talia smiled subconsciously as she watched her younger self trip over thin air and land on the perfectly cut grass, only for her father to pick her up and swing her about him, keeping the tears at bay as she giggled instead.

Unlike her, Talias' father had deep blue eyes that contrasted with his fair hair. His jaw was chiseled sharply and his teeth were perfectly in line as the white pearls shone in the sunlight.

He blew raspberries on her cheeks as her younger self squealed happily as her mother came over to weave her fingers through Talias long dark blonde hair.

She froze, pausing the memory playing on her fingers as she looked at her own image. Her hair has never been that blonde and she's never dyed it to the colour it is now. Frowning in confusion, Talia pulled herself from her laying position and in front of her mirror, tilting her head to the side as she examined her hair, narrowing her eyes as she picked up on something she hadn't noticed before.

Her hair was getting lighter. It was now nearing the same colour from the memory. Talia turned away from the mirror and walked towards her black boots that reached just below her knee, trying to avoid thinking about her dilemma. She knew that she'd have to talk to Magnus about it at some point but that meant having to get past Alec.