Psych!

Elaina

The job description for Psychiatrist has changed over the years. Now therapists are a mixture between sedation drug dealers and prizon guards. When I started my research in college I knew it was bullshit. Brainwashing courses told students people with BiPolar Disorder were dangerous. I was going to test that theory.

My old friends were gone far too long. They were nothing like the people who's lives we would study. With Administry approval and strange looks and laughter, I got permission to work on an assignment. My assignment was to see what BiPolar Disorder looks like up close. My Administrator knew people could live with this disorder normally in the past. I was determined to show nothing has changed.

Nobody knew who Makenzie and Jake were. They had no idea we were connected. I was going into this assignment with a little bit of bias, but I would make sure the outcome treated everyone fairly. Jake and Makenzie were just the beggining of the test.

I made it seem like I pulled Makenzie Dahl's name up at random. It was easy to deny any ties I had previously had with her. My mother destroyed all any evidence there once was of Makenzie and Jake ever existing. But she couldn't destroy my memories. I acted like I couldn't remember these people for her benefit, but in actuality I had real plans.

While reuniting with Makenzie, she thought I was just a random "Doctor in training". I didn't give her my first name until the end of the letter change, before revealing myself. To her I was just "Doctor Wells." She tried to hug me once she found out who I was, but the guards stopped her. She quickly learned things weren't what they used to be. Maybe in the future we would be able to be how we were once again.

This experiment wasn't about us. It was about so much more. I wrote in my log that Makenzie wasn't a threat. Jacob Flier: YTD.

I taked with other people in the Low Security BiPolar Prison. None of them were threats to those of us outside the Prisons. But these people didn't speak for everyone else. I went to the other BiPolar Prisons of the state, I kept hoping Jake would be at one.

But I knew where he was, I just didn't know why I was avoiding that place. Once I read his letters to Kenzie I became concerned. What happened in the Medium Security Prison? What would happen to me if my past experience with him and and my research didn't go as planned?

I had to swallow those bad thoughts and keep moving forward. Even if he was one of the few that really were criminals, or in his case, potential criminals. Despite what he could turn into, there were others who didn't deserve to be in the place they were at. It was up to me to set them free.

I was granted access to the Medium Security Prison Jake once resided. I looked at the information they had kept on him. According to the documents he had more than just BiPolar Disorder. Real doctors weren't exactly sure what it was that was wrong with him, but their theroies gave me a "Proceed with Caution" type of feeling. I was still determened to prove his innocence. Maybe any unbiased person would have just brushed it off and went back to their studies, but something kept me going.

Doctors claimed Jake could be Borderline Schitzophreniac. According to them he also showed sociopathic tendencies. One incident put his sister into the hospital. I didn't even know he had siblings. He picked her up by her arms and dangled her from a window. With her trying to get away, she fell and rolled until she got to the edge of the roof. Only her feet dangled off of the roof. She was too afraid to move until a fireman showed up. When asked why he did what he did, Jake gave a chilling answer.

"She was annoying me. I had to make her shut up somehow. I made her listen to me."

That response gave me chills. There was no remorse. Hopefully he hasn't pulled other stunts like that since then. Then agian, there wasn't much trouble someone in prison could do, was there?