Chapter Twenty Eight

Asteria gripped her books close to her chest as she walked down the corridor, keeping her head down as she went

Asteria gripped her books close to her chest as she walked down the corridor, keeping her head down as she went. She tucked her left hand under her arm and out of view.

"Ria?"

Asteria ignored this, hunching her shoulders over more as she sped up.

"Ria!"

Lily ran down the corridor, flying after Asteria as she went to round the corner.
"Ria if you don't stop I swear!"

Asteria sighed, rolling her eyes back to look up at the ceiling before finally stopping and turning to face Lily. The frown she wore on her face and the deep red shade of her cheeks lessened as she caught sight of Asteria.

"Ria, why did you do that?" Lily folded her arms.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Asteria shrugged.

"You punched Sev."

Asteria couldn't hide the small smile that grew on her face, "Yeah, kinda did."
"Why?" Lily threw her arms up in the air.

"I don't need to hear it, alright? I've been feeling terrible about it since yesterday." Asteria waved her off.
"Then why did you do it?" Lily chased after her.
"I was angry. I don't know. He said some stuff and I just sort of punched him. I didn't think it through."

Lily furrowed her eyebrows, looking sceptical, "What did he say?"
"It was petty... Doesn't matter. I'll apologise at some point." Asteria grumbled.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked, jumping in front of Asteria so she couldn't walk away.
"What?"

"You don't apologise for anything. You never think you're wrong, so what happened?" Lily questioned, extending her hand to take Asteria's.
"I'm just hungry." She replied simply.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked again.

Asteria sighed, perhaps if she just admitted her worries then the conversation would end sooner. She was, honestly, really hungry.

"Do you think I'm a bad person?"

Lily's eye widened at this; she certainly hadn't been expecting that.

"Are you serious?"
"Yeah, I am. I know it's stupid but... it's been nearly five years and every day I hear about how the people in Slytherin are always evil. Then... I go and manipulate my parents and punch Snape and... Maybe I'm finally becoming a bad person." Asteria pursed her lips and kicked at the floor.

Lily stepped forward, pulling Asteria into a hug.
"You're not a bad person. People aren't just bad." Lily comforted, "What did Sev say to you?"