25- Venus's Shed

Venus didn't have to return to school.

As soon as she was released from the hospital she returned to the Burrow.

When the rest of her siblings returned from school they seemed to tiptoe around her, seemingly worried that she was going to lose it and bite their heads off.

She took up roaming around the surrounding hills to escape the wary looks of her family

She wrote letters to Sirius in her spare time. His replied always arrived via massive beautiful tropical birds.

She assured him that she was okay and that he should stay safe and on the move.

Another thing that Venus had been contemplating since the night she was attacked was if she wanted to take her father's last name. She figured that this new period in her life needed a change to fit it.

Yes, she was a Weasley and always would be, but Sirius had saved her life. He had stopped Lupin from mauling her further and prevented anything more serious happening.

He put himself between a wearwolf and the thing it wanted, which was practically a death sentence.

Venus eventually came to the conclusion that she liked the sound of Venus Marlene Black Weasley.

"It's only right," Venus told Ron one sunny afternoon that the two had decided to take a hike up a nearby hill, "I mean he's my dad isn't he."

Ron nodded absentmindedly, "is he okay? I mean have you heard from him recently?"

"Last week," Venus looked at the horizon, "he's keeping on the move."

"Good."

The week before Venus' first full moon Professor Snape arrived at the Burrow with a large barrel.

"Professor Dumbledore asked me to brew this." Snape told Venus, Molly and Arthur who had all gathered in the kitchen to speak to the man, Snape had the air that he completely didn't want to brew the potion. "This should last you until Christmas if you take the dosage correctly."

"Thankyou." Molly smiled at Snape. He was quick to leave.

Venus sat at the kitchen table and for the first time since she had been bitten she thought about what was going to happen. She was going to turn into a Wearwolf.

Sure the wolfsbane potion would mean that she wouldn't go on a murderous rampage and kill her entire family, but she was still going to transform, and the one time she had seen Lupin transform it hadn't looked very fun.

Venus took her dose of Wolfsbane on the night of the full moon and left the house.

No one knew exactly how she was going to handle the transformation so even with the Wolfsbane it wasn't safe for her to be near people.

There was a small shed in the paddock that the Weasleys owned not far away that Venus was planning to lock herself into.

The sun was just beginning to set when she arrived. She quickly pulled everyone's brooms out of the shed and put them outside, she mumbled an apology to her firebolt as she set it on the ground. She locked herself in the shed and curled up in the corner.

She felt her hand begin to shake and realised that she was crying. Venus was more terrified than she had ever been.

It felt like hours, but it could have been barley seconds that she sat there. Trembling in the corner with tears streaming down her face. But then she began to change. She felt her back cracking and her face beginning to elongate. She was transforming.

********

Molly and Arthur sat in the kitchen that night. Molly was staring out of the window in the direction of the paddock. A loud scream ripped through the night.

Molly squeezed her eyes shut at the sound. It was quickly silenced by the night.

Arthur quickly put his arm around his wife's shoulders. "Venus will be okay." He pulled her into a hug, "she will be just fine."

Molly sobbed slightly into her husband's shoulder, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything.

********

Venus woke in the morning still in the shed. Her clothes had clearly been ripped when she transformed as she was naked and shivering.

She hugged her knees into her chest and buried her face in her knees.

She hardly remembered the previous night, but looking around the broom shed told her that she had been pissed off. The few belongings that were in the shed had been ripped to pieces and somehow she had managed to barge the locked door down.

"Ve?" a tentative voice asked. Venus didn't look up. She felt herself being wrapped in a soft blanket and being pulled into a hug.

Ginny didn't say anything else. And Venus suddenly felt herself crying into her sister's shoulder.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx