Epilogue

Five years later

As I sit, now, the only thing I can think of is how this place has not changed at all.

When it was Mrs Walsh's and now that it's the Philips', it is just the same. A house that brings warmth to your heart when you look at it from the outside. The huge house, the medium sized garden that is full of bushes and roses, the blind spot where I had a lot of sweet memories with a special man with golden hair and the best thing of the house, the swings where I shared all of my good and bad moments.

Now, sitting in the garden with a book in my hand and my son in front of me, I can only think This is the best way to live.

David is three, now. It was the most amazing thing when I found out that I was pregnant with him. I still sometimes look at him with disbelief. I have a son!

He is always with Jane playing, I am very happy that they enjoy each other's company. I was worried that Jane would not take David's presence well but she has been getting very well with him.

Jane came out of the house and rushed to me with a grumpy face, she is seven, now.

"I want to be a lady!" Jane shouted angrily.

I smiled and took her in my lap, she is a little heavy but I loved doing that to her, "Where did that come from?"

"Ladies are so fascinating," she said with wide sparkly eyes and a pout.

I pinched her cheeks, "Well before becoming one, you should live your childhood first"

"But Meggy is an amazing lady and you are too so why can't I be one?" She said with devastation.

Suppressing my smile now is the hardest thing I can do in the world.

"And who said that I am?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

She tilted her head, "You aren't?"

I shook my head and whispered in her ears, "I am your daddy's half lady"

I could feel my cheeks turning red when I said that remembering the first time he called me half lady and how it affected me. Then, the memories of all the times that he called me that came to me.

After my marriage to Edward, I discovered that he has some kind of, an anger issue. Though I do not have a run away from my problems issue at all, I run away from him to my room. Thankfully, we never slept without settling our problems, which consists of kissing and him calling me his half lady.

She frowned, "what is a half lady?"

"Papa," David shouted laughing.

I looked at the road to find Edward's carriage coming. My heartbeats started to increase; he has been away to London on a business trip for a week.

Oh God, I miss him so much.

Jane jumped from my lap to go to David. She took his hand and ran to the door as Edward entered.

"Papaaaa!!" They shouted with joy.

"My birds!" He said lifting both of them in his arms, each one resting on an arm.

"I never understood how you could raise both children on your arms," I said with a wide smile and a raised eyebrow.

"I used to hug you when you were pregnant, remember?" He said with mischief in his eyes while kissing my forehead. He opened his mouth to talk when Meg came out of the house screaming, "Edward!"

He looked at me for a second more before turning to Meg. She ran to him and put her arms around his neck in a tight hug.

Thank God that the children were on the floor by then.