♥ don everly ♥

don stood  by the local jewelry store's front window, knowing that you were about to pass by.

"she's coming!" he exclaimed, his face lighting up as you passed by the window, and began to turn into the store. there was this beautiful, simple, and elegant necklace that you just adored. of course, you really couldn't afford it, but you liked coming in almost daily to check on it, and, let's be honest, to count your cash to see if you had enough.

when you came in, don acted nonchalantly. you immediately noticed the necklace you loved was gone. your heart sank. suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Y/N?" it was don.

"oh. hello, don." you said, a little down.

"what's the matter, honey?" he asked, rubbing your arm comfortingly.

"aw, really, don, it's nothin', but i had been savin' for this dumb old thing, and it's gone now. someone bought it, i suppose." you said shrugging.

"oh, i saw the guy who bought it!" don exclaimed.

"well, that's no help, donny, it's not like we could get it from him." you giggled.

"no, Y/N, you don't understand," don said with a goofy smile on his face, "the guy...was me!"

don held up the necklace. "here you go, Y/N!"

you reached for it in awe. "uh-uh." don said, "there's a catch." 

"a catch?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"the catch is, you have to come out with me to the drive-in." he said slyly.

"that's no catch!" you said laughing, "donny, i'd do that any day."

"great! then it's a date?" don asked, smiling. 

"put that necklace on me first, and then it's a date." you laughed, smirking.

A/N:

(this was requested)