Chapter Thirty

"I'm just saying if I have that thing in my mouth for a whole month everything will taste nasty

"I'm just saying if I have that thing in my mouth for a whole month everything will taste nasty. Will I be able to eat and drink? What happens if I swallow it? Will I die?" Sirius wondered absentmindedly as he walked Asteria to her next lesson of the day.

She laughed, "You won't die, but I won't be kissing you if it puts a nasty taste in my mouth."

Sirius stopped in his tracks, staring at her with wide eyes.
"That's a joke. Right?" He asked.
"Why would it be a joke?"
"So you're serious?"
"No, you're Sirius."

He folded his arms tightly, still refusing to move as other students pushed past them in the corridor.

"It's really annoying when you do that." He pointed out.
"You make those jokes too!" Asteria exclaimed.
"Yeah, well, it's only funny when I do it." Sirius nodded.

"I need to get to class I can just leave you here." She smirked, turning away from him.
"Alright, fine." Sirius rolled his eyes whilst still refusing to move.

"Also, I was thinking of revising in the library later." Asteria called over her shoulder.
"What? I'm not spending even more time in the library!" Sirius bounded down the corridor after her.
"Lily and Remus have invited me." Asteria explained, "That way you can hang out with James so he doesn't think I'm stealing you from him."

"Ri..." Sirius groaned.
"Ri? Are we just dropping syllables off my name now? If you keep doing that you'll run out of letters in my name." Asteria joked, elbowing him gently.

"Ri-a!" Sirius rolled his head back.

"I'll see you later, I have class remember? So do you." She flashed him one last smile before disappearing into the classroom and leaving Sirius stood alone in the now empty corridor.

He looked around, debating on whether or not to make his way up the Astronomy Tower for Divination. It would be a long walk and it's not like Sirius particularly needed to pass his OWL exams.

"Sirius!" James called at he walked around to corner and stood at the end of the corridor.

"What're you doing?" Sirius asked, jogging towards him.
"Could ask you the same." James replied shortly.

"Fancy skipping divination? I hear there's some Slytherin prefects that haven't been pranked in a while." Sirius smirked.
"Dunno... Might just go walk around alone." James kicked at the floor.
Sirius frowned, "Okay...?"
"I mean... That's how I've been spending all my time lately." James shrugged, keeping his eyes glued to the floor.

"What's the matter?" Sirius folded his arms.

James kicked at the floor again, "I'm just fine... Don't know about you though; you haven't been very talkative lately."

Sirius stare intently at James now, "You know I'm the king of talking right? I don't think I ever actually shut up." Sirius admitted.

"You're sure keeping quiet around me though." James replied.
"Seriously, what is your problem?" Sirius retorted.