SPECIAL: From Your Valentine

A/N: I know that this is a few days late, but the scenario was stuck in my head, I had to write it.

❤❤❤

If there's one day that students of Clark High look forward to - that is not a holiday - it is none other than the Valentine's Day. Love fills the air that some may find romantic, while others may find suffocating.

Of course, the student council wouldn't let this day pass without any gimmicks in mind. Two days before the heart's day, the officers convened in their conference room.

Luthor was the least interested among the bunch. He viewed Valentine's Day celebration not as a tradition, but as an unnecessary expenditure in the budget of the council.

"We need ideas for the Valentine's Day celebration," Emeraude started the meeting, writing the term "V-Day" on the white board. "We want it to be as memorable as last year's celebration. Magpapatalo ba tayo?"

Luthor sighed, putting down a piece of paper where the agenda was written. "We cannot afford such extravagance. We did not include any allocation for this event in our annual budget. And mind you, we still have an obligatory promenade to prepare for."

"Don't be such a kill joy, Lu-lu," Emeraude countered. "Only upperclassmen may attend the prom, thus not everyone in the school can enjoy it. And don't worry about the budget. Thanks to our modest spending in previous events, we still have funds for two more activities not included in our yearly plan."

The considerable amount of savings in the student council's budget was all thanks to the vice president. He was always against any form of overspending and unnecessary spending. After all, he argued, their funds came from the pockets of the students so they should use them wisely.

"And students are really excited on what we have to offer on V-Day," Jessica the secretary added, twirling her ponytail. "Our message box was overflowing with requests to put up some booths or hold a small program."

"Thus we cannot ignore the cries of the students," Emeraude finished. "We are their representatives so we must give something that would make our constituents happy. Am I not right?"

This was the first and only time that Luthor wanted to point out that he is the student council and he has the final say in everything. But after being called a "kill joy" and hearing about the opinion of students, he reconsidered his position.

"Vox populi," he muttered in reply, reclining on his chair.

"Are there still any objections? None? Great!" Emeraude continued writing on the white board. "Now the table is open for suggestions."

"This may not be original but marriage booth and jail booth were popular in the previous Valentine's Day celebrations," Jessica shared after raising her hand. "What is V-Day kung walang ikinakasal at walang ikinukulong, 'di ba?"

"At pwede rin tayong makalikom ng dagdag na pondo mula sa mga booth," the treasurer added. "If they wanna kiss the bride in the lips, let's put that at fifty pesos. Kung sa cheeks, pwede na siguro ang twenty pesos. O, 'di ba? Kumikitang kabuhayan pa rin tayo!"

Everyone in the room nodded, except Luthor.

"So that shall address our vice president's concern about the budget," Emeraude smiled, writing "marriage" and "jail" booth on the board. "At kung may sobra pa tayong malikom, pwede nating i-allocate sa prom. That's the more extravagant event, if you ask me. The catering, the sound system, the lights, the bands!"

"Kumukulot na nga buhok ko sa kakaisip kung paano natin mapagkakasya ang budget," the treasurer jested. "Kaya tamang-tama ang V-Day event na 'to. Kung gusto n'yo, pwede rin tayong magbenta ng mga homemade chocolate o mangontra ng mga nagbebenta ng roses para bigyan tayo ng kaunting shares."