cheater - part one // Jack

Age: sixteen

'I allowed myself to fall because I thought you would catch me, but in the end, your arms were no longer there and I shattered on impact.' — L.B

Y/N'S POV
"Why should I care? She's nothing anyway." was what you heard when you went to open the door to your boyfriend's room. Jack's parents weren't home and you wanted to surprise him since he was supposedly sick today and hadn't been on set. As Jack's girlfriend and cast mate, you had worried about the poor boy all day. What you didn't expect to hear a conversation not meant for your ears.

"Jack, I don't know how I feel about this. At first it was okay because you said you would break up with her, but you haven't and you know I'm not that kind of person." You heard a feminine voice speak back. You peak in and hold back tears as you see your boyfriend on the bed with another girl in close proximity, too close for your liking accompanied with the awful conversation.

"Relax, baby. I'll do it soon. I don't care about her anyway." You felt anger pulse through your veins and tears prick your eyes, watching as Jack's lips pressed against the girl's. You felt your hands clench shut, your nails digging into your palms. Jack was your first proper boyfriend and he made you really happy. At first, you didn't want to date him because you were scared of getting hurt, but he'd been so good to you that you thought he'd look after you — oh the irony. You inhale deeply and shove the door open with all of confidence and gut you could fake. You stare furiously at the two of them, who look at you shocked.

"I came to check up on you since you're so sick." You hiss the word at him with so much venom that he flinched. "The only person who's sick here is me, sick of your shit. I'm going to enjoy watching your reputation burn as I expose you for everything that you are — a cheat, a dirty liar and an asshole." Tears start to pour out of your eyes without meaning to. "I let myself fall for you because you promised that you wouldn't hurt me, but I knew I shouldn't have trusted you." You don't even wait for their response, leaving the room. You held back the urge to scream as you run down the stairs and out of the house, shakily grabbing your phone from your pocket. "Fuck!" You scream in frustration as you drop it, sobs racking through your body. You manage to pick up it up and shakily press Jaeden's contact. Jack yelled after you as you continued down the street, wiping your tears as you attempted to get as far away as possible. You anxiously waited for him to pick up.

"Hey Y/N. What's up?" He greeted cheerfully after four rings.

"J-Jae, can you please come pick me up?" You continue to cry, Jack's yells becoming louder. Jaeden's voice instantly changed after hearing the scratchiness of your throat and the sob you were choking back.

"Are you okay?" There's fumbling on the other side.

"Y/N! It's Soph, what's the matter?" You felt a hand grab your shoulder and you turn around, shaking with pure lividness and hurt.

"Jack, get the fuck away from me. You can not save your sorry ass this time." You grind your teeth.

"Y/N, what the hell's going on? What happened with Jack? What's wrong? Are you okay?" The two frantically ask in the other side of the phone.

"Y/N, I-"

"I TOLD YOU TO GET THE FUCK AWAY, JACK, YOU CHEATING BASTARD!" Multiple gasps were heard on the other side of the phone. Jack stumbles back, startled by your loud outcry.

"We're on our way." Is all you hear as they hang up. You shove your phone back into your pocket and keep walking.

"Y/N!" Jack grabs your shoulder again. You turn around and scream in his face as your heart continued to ache viciously.

"I don't care whatever your stupid excuses are, leave me alone. I don't want to hear it." Jack looks at you sadly.

"I'm sorry." You laugh almost manically.

"Do not lie to me, Jack Dylan Grazer. Your mother didn't raise a liar, so I don't understand how you've become one." You glare at him with as much pain as you could muster. You wipe the tears that burnt your cheeks.

"I didn't mean-"

"Didn't mean to what?! Cheat on me? Lie to me? Hurt me? Break me? Which one is it?" You growl at him and he's at a loss for words. You scoff to yourself. "That's what I thought." You sneer at him.

"I love you." You felt your heart crack again.

"You don't love me, Jack. You never did and you never will. I told you not to lie to me. You never should've asked me out in the first place." He begins to get angry.

"I'm not lying!"

"Yes you are!" You yell back louder, not thinking straight as you begin to argue. You turn your back to him for a third time.

"Fine! Just walk away from us, be a bitch and give up then." You'd never span around so quickly in your life. You shove the boy furiously, sending him stumbling back a few steps. You shake your head as you let another chocked sob.

"It's not called giving up if the other person is the one to break it. Do not blame your disgusting ways on me, Jack. I'm not taking the blame. This is all on you." The boy looks at you, frozen in shock. "You need a reality check, Jack. We are over. Once this movie has finished, I will never speak to you again. It'll be like I never existed." You get in his face. "Good luck with all the bad publicity you get. You know what they say, all publicity is good publicity. Maybe you can another job after filming and get as far away from me as possible." Jaeden's mum's car pulls up and you jump right in, ignoring Wyatt, Jaeden, Sophia and Hadley, Jaeden's older cousin.

"Are you okay?" Sophia asks softly, breaking the silence. You burst into tears again, allowing her to shelter you in a loving hug as you sob your heart out.

WORD COUNT: 1077 words