IV

SELENA'S SHOULDERS TENSED WHEN SHE HEARD A VOICE,

"Well! A newbie!" Selena groaned and turned to face the Ares girl.

She wore a ripped up Camp Half-Blood T-shirt under a camouflage jacket. She was similar to Nancy Bobofit, Selena thought after spending months with the evil red-head, though Clarisse was much tougher looking and her hair was long and stringy, and brown instead of red. She had three other girls behind her, all big and ugly and mean looking like her, all wearing camo jackets.

"Clarisse," Selena sighed. "Why don't you go polish your spear or something?" She really did not want to deal with Clarisse the bully right now.

"Sure, Miss Princess," Clarisse replied. "So I can run you through with it Friday night."

"You don't stand a fucking chance." Selena scoffed. 

No way would she let the Ares cabin win. They do almost every time.

"We'll pulverize you," Clarisse said, but her eye twitched. She turned towards Percy, "Who's this little runt?"

"Percy Jackson," Selena introduced with a scowl, "meet Clarisse, Daughter of Ares."

"Like... The War God?" Percy questioned, looking between Selena and Clarisse,

Clarisse sneered. "You got a problem with that?"

"No," Percy answered,  "It explains the bad smell." He insulted and Selena let out a loud laugh before Clarisse sent her a glare,

"We got an initiation ceremony for newbies, Prissy." She growled,

"Percy." The boy corrected,

"Whatever. Come on, I'll show you."

"Clarisse-" Selena tried to stop her. She knew what Clarisse would do on a good day. And now Percy just made the daughter of Ares pissed,

"Stay the fuck out of it, loner girl. "

Selena looked pained, but she did stay out of it, and she could tell that Percy didn't really want her help. He handed her his minotaur horn and got ready to fight, Clarisse had him by the neck and was dragging the poor boy towards the bathroom. 

He was kicking and punching, but Clarisse was too strong. She dragged him into the girls' bathroom and Selena knew it was going to get ugly(and maybe a bit smelly). Clarisse's friends were all laughing and Selena glared at them before creating the illusion that they looked like the girls from the Aphrodite cabin. They began to shriek and point at each other before tugging their hair and scrubbing their face clean of makeup that wasn't really there.

"Like he's 'Big Three' material," Clarisse announced as she pushed Percy toward one of the toilets. "Yeah, right. Minotaur probably fell over laughing, he was so fucking stupid looking."

Selena watched from the corner as Clarisse bent him over on his knees and started pushing his head toward the toilet bowl while Percy strained to keep his head up.

Then something happened. Selena let out a gasp as the pipes shook and groaned. Water shot out of the toilet, making an arc straight over Percy's head. The water hit Clarisse in the face so hard it pushed her down onto her butt. The water stayed on her like the spray from a fire hose, pushing her backward into a shower stall.

Clarisse struggled, gasping, and her friends started coming toward her. But then the other toilets exploded, too, and six more streams of toilet water blasted them back. The showers acted up, too, and together all the fixtures sprayed the camouflage girls right out of the bathroom, spinning them around like pieces of garbage being washed away.

As soon as they were out the door, the water stopped. The entire bathroom was flooded and Selena hadn't been spared. She was dripping wet, but she hadn't been pushed out the door. She was standing in exactly the same place, staring at Percy in shock before laughing, "That was fucking amazing." She smiled, wiping the tears from her eyes.

It was clear that Percy Jackson was a very powerful demi-god. During all her years at camp, she had never seen anyone do anything like what he just did.

She needed to tell Annabeth. There is no doubt in Selena's mind he's the one in the prophecy.

They walked to the door. Outside, Clarisse and her friends were sprawled in the mud, and a bunch of other campers had gathered around to gawk. Clarisse's hair was flattened across her face. Her camouflage jacket was sopping and she smelled like sewage. She gave Percy a look of absolute hatred. "You are so dead, new boy. You are totally fucking dead!"

"You want to gargle with toilet water again, Clarisse? Close your mouth." Percy sasses and Selena smiled at him as her friends had to hold her back. They dragged her toward cabin five, while the other campers made way to avoid her flailing feet.

"What?" Percy demanded, not liking the devilish smile on her face, "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking," she stated, "that you're gonna be great during capture the flag."