fourteen

February 7th, 1992

I've been pregnant for four months now and it's been a nice experience. I'm showing now and my family and friends know. Devante is so excited to have a child and I am too. I'm still nervous though.

The past month for me though has been crazy. Mary's album is coming out in a few months so we have to prep for it and all of that. Midterms are taking place at school, this baby, I have so much stuff going on right now and it's taking a toll on me. I feel like I can manage but I don't know. I'm trying not to stress cause stress and nerves can harm the baby but I'm like-.

I'm at home right now watching TV and eating food. I'm supposed to be doing this midterm Journalism. Well I was supposed to catch an interview with someone and luckily, I know famous people so I'm doing an interview with Jodeci today.

"Baby what time is the interview?" I asked Devante.

I should add that ever since I got pregnant, Devante has been watching me like a hawk. He won't leave my side and he's always with me.

"At 5. Are you sure that you wanna do this? You've been pretty stressed these past days" he asked me.

"I'm fine, I have to do this. I have to pass college" I said.

"I spoke your professors. They said you don't have to do the midterms, they'll just calculate your grade average of the year and that'll be your midterm" he told me.

"Baby it's fine, this is just an interview. I can handle it" I said. "I have to meet up with Mary too".

"Mary? She told me that you don't have to write any more songs and that Puffy will handle it" he said.

"I am fine ok babe. Trust me, if I wasn't, I wouldn't be doing this" I said.

"I don't want to have you stressed, stress can harm-"

"Harm the baby yes I know, I know I'm not gonna harm-" I started.

I started feeling this bad cramp in my stomach.

"Are you ok? Is it coming?!" De said as he ran over to my side.

"No it's fine, I just had a little tummy ruffle" I said.

"You should stay home, you can do the interview another time" he said.

"De, stop acting like I'm a child. I am fine, I am trust me. And you aren't cancelling the interview either, I'll be ready by 5" I said.

Devante walked away and I sighed. He's been so protective lately. I understand why but, I don't need it.

later that day

It was time to do the interview for my midterm so Devante and I drove off to Uptown. When we arrived, the guys were there.

"Hey guys" I said.

"Hi Diana" Dalvin said.

"Aw look at you" Jojo smiled.

"Yeah, it's coming along" I said while looking down at my baby bump. "Y'all ready?".

"Yeah let's go" K-Ci said.

I sat down in front of them and they sat on the couch. I felt a pain in my stomach again but I just brushed it off so Devante wouldn't worry. I don't need him stressing to make me stress.

"Ok lemme do this" I said. "Hello this is Diana James's midterm report for journalism. Today I'm interviewing R&B group Jodeci".

"So guys, how are you reacting to all of your sudden success?".

"We are doing good good. We're thankful for all the love we're getting" Dalvin said.

"That's good, That's good" I said.

The interview was going on and on. Basically Dalvin and K-Ci were talking while Jojo was silent and Devante was looking at me to make sure I wouldn't "fall out" or something.

after the interview

After we were done with the interview, I was about to go on to see Mary.

"Baby you sure you don't wanna go home, I saw you clenching your stomach during the interview?" Devante asked me.

"No it's fine" I said.

I walked over to where Mary was and she came up to me.

"Diana, it's fine. You don't have to write right now, I have Puffy doing it. It's handled" Mary told me.

"Ugh why does everyone think I'm "troubled" I'm perfectly fi-"

I fell out on the floor. My eyes started to close as I was laying on the floor.

"Oh my God!" Mary exclaimed.

"DIANA!" Devante yelled out.

I saw shadows of Mary running to get Andre. Devante was on the floor with me holding me.

"Baby come on, come on" he said as he was rocking me.

"What happened?!" Andre shouted as he ran over to my side.

At that point, I was passed out. It went black.