Chapter 8 - Remedies for Sadness

(Annabelle's POV)

I was pacing back and forth in my room. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened between Peter and I. He kissed me, I didn't kiss back. God why didn't I kiss back? I decided I can't love him anymore, but was that the right choice? My phone started to ring. I was relieved, finally something to distract me for a minute. I picked it up and looked to see who was calling. It was Gwen, just the person I need to talk to.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, whats up?" Cheery as always, exactly what I love about her.

"Nothing." I said quickly, but knowing Gwen, she'd figure out I was lying faster. I'd better come clean. "Ok actually there is something."

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'd rather tell you in person. Can you come over."

"Sure, I'll be over in a few minutes." She said and hung up. I tossed my phone on my bed and sat down against my bed. I heard a tap on my window. I jumped and then turned around to see what or who it was. Thankfully it was just Spider-Man. I got up and walked over to my window and opened it. Spider-Man hopped in the window.

"Still not using doors, I see." I commented. He laughed.

"Still letting complete strangers come in through your window, I see." He retorted. I rolled my eyes.

"You got me there, but technically you're not a stranger, not entirely." He laughed again.

"Technically." He then brought a hand up to my face and let his thumb run under my eye. "Were you crying?" He asked. I reached a hand up to my face. I felt the wet trails of tears. I didn't even notice that I was crying.

"Its just been a complicated day." I answered vaguely.

"I bet it wasn't that complicated." He said. I walked over and sat down on my bed. Spider-Man sat down on the floor.

"It was trust me. My old best friend, the one I'm pissed at," I reminded him. Spider-Man nodded. "Well he kissed me today and waited for me to get out of work." I answered. Spider-Man tilted his head.

"Well when you put it that way, it does sound complicated." He said and nodded as he processed what I had said. I heard my front door open and close.

"Anna!" It was Gwen, she got here fast.

"Who is that?" Spider-Man asked.

"My best friend Gwen. You gotta go." I said. He quickly stood up and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"There that must have made your day a bit better." He walked over to my window and jumped out of it.

"Thank you." I whispered. I quickly ran out of my room and headed down the stairs. "Gwen?" I asked as I looked around for her.

"Kitchen." She called out. I walked into my kitchen to see Gwen sitting at the island. She had a plastic bag in front of her.

"What's in that?" I asked. She pulled out the contents.

"Mint chocolate chip ice cream, I figured we might need some." She admitted. I let a small grow on my face.

"You're always thinking, Gwen."

"Alright, now tell me everything that happened with Peter." She stated, getting serious.

"How did you know this is about Peter?" I asked. She glared at me. "Ok it's about Peter. It started at Oscorp. He came and found me and tried to talk to me. I was pissed at that point. I yelled at him and told him I loved him." I explained.

"You told him?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded slowly. Well Gwen did want me to tell him. I just don't think she thought it would happen like this.

"I didn't mean to. But then he followed me home and I let him talk. I asked if there was anything else and he said yes, then kissed me." I said finishing my story. She had a shocked look on her face which I was not surprised about.

"He kissed you? Are you two dating now?" She asked. "Please tell me you are." I shook my head.

"I told him never to do that again and walked away." I said. I still couldn't figure out if I regretted saying that or not. Part of me does but then the other part of me doesn't?

"Why did you tell him that? You just let the possible love of your life walk away." I shook my head again.

"I can't take it anymore. He keeps disappearing and no one knows where! He won't talk to anyone! I decided I can't love him any longer." I said. She nodded.

"Alright, I get it." She stood up from her seat. "Do you want to go eat ice cream and watch movies?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, lets do that." I got up and went over to the silverware and grabbed to spoons. I walked into the living room and found Gwen already searching for any movies to watch. I sat down next to her.

"There's nothing good to watch." She said. That sparked an idea. It was something we tried once but didn't complete.

"How about we watch or attempt to watch, the entire Harry Potter series." I suggested. Gwen smiled with excitement. "This is probably gonna take all night, you want to just sleepover?"

"Sure." She answered. I jumped up from the couch and walked over to my movie shelf and grabbed my entire Harry Potter series. I opened the movie case and popped it into the DVD player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was after midnight, we were at the end of The Goblet of Fire, when I heard my front door open. I paused the movie and got up to see who it was.

"Oh hey mom." I said as my mom walked down the hallway.

"Hello. I didn't expect you to be up." She said. I gestured back to the living room.

"Gwen and I are just watching some of the Harry Potter movies." I said. She looked at me when I said Gwen's name.

"Gwen's here?" she asked.

"Yeah, she's sleeping over, is that ok?" I asked. My mom nodded.

"Yeah that's fine." She said. I walked back into the living room and pressed play on the remote. My mom walked into the room. "Anna, Gwen there's something I have to tell both of you." She said. Thats weird why would she have to tell us both something? I paused the movie yet again. We both looked at my mom. "Someone is coming over tomorrow night and has to talk to both of you. Thats all I'm gonna say, I'm sorry." She said and walked out of the room. I looked at Gwen, who was already looking at me.

"That's not suspicious." I said with sarcasm.

"Yeah. I wonder who this mystery person is."

"Well I hope this means we didn't do anything." I said trying to remember if I had done anything recently. "Did we?"

"No." She laughed. "I bet its someone from Oscorp." Gwen pointed out.

"Yeah, probably." I said. We were silent for a minute. I pressed play on the movie again. I then looked at Gwen. "My mom knows something about this mystery person, I know that for sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm back! I know this update is kind of short, but I thought you all deserved an update, for being so patient with me. So yeah, Thanks.

Ok that's it for now!

Expect an update in a week!

~Kai