26- The Quidditch World Cup

The Quidditch world cup was fast approaching and to the Weasley children's delight their father had managed to get them all tickets through work. And had acquired enough tickets for Ginny and Venus to invite Mali along.

Sure Mali wasn't a fan of flying, but she loved watching Quidditch.

Every Hogwarts match that they had seen or that Venus had played in, Mali's cheers we're always the loudest.

It did quite scare them how such a small girl could make such a loud noise.

Mali's parents dropped her off the day before the Weasleys were planning to leave. The house was utter bedlam.

Bill and Charlie had both returned to watch the match with their family meaning that all eight Weasleys were back in the house.

Hermione and Harry had also arrived to watch the match.

The house was utterly jam-packed.

What made things worse was Percy's insistence on quiet.

The boy had graduated Hogwarts last year and got a job working in the international cooperation department of the ministry of magic.

"Mr Crouch, Mr Crouch!" Venus did an impression of Percy for Mali, "can I clean your feet! Mr Crouch I'll massage that cramp! Mr Crouch will you marry me?"

"He can't be that bad," Mali laughed.

"Whatever you do," Ginny informed her, "do not mention anything about abroad whilst you're here."

Ginny and Venus's room had two camp beds in it one for Mali, one for Hermione.

Harry, Fred and George we're all bunking in with Ron because Bill and Charlie we're in the twin's room.

It was great to see her siblings again. Bill and Charlie absolutely adored Venus and she abused that to the best of her ability.

Of course since the whole encounter at Hogwarts her whole family knew about her true parentage, but they took it in their stride and she was happy that none of them treated her any differently, although none of them talked about the wearwolf thing, it was hanging over the family like a black cloud of doubt and worries.

The family had to get up unreasonably early to leave for the Quidditch cup. It seemed as though Venus had hardly fallen asleep before she was being shaken awake.

The group trudged away from the Burrow after a large shouting match between Mrs Weasley and the twins.

They were murmuring to eachother about how annoyed they were.

The group arrived at the top of the hill just ask the sun began to rise.

"Everyone spread out," Mr Weasley told them, "the portkey will be around here somewhere." They did so. They began hunting in the bushes for an object that might be the portkey.

"Over here Arthur!" A voice yelled, "I've found it!"

The Weasleys all hurried towards the person who turned out to be Amos Diggory and his son Cedric who was the same age as the twins. Even Venus had to admit that he was very handsome.

Mali giggled and nudged Venus. The two girls shared a knowing look.

"Blimey Arthur are these all yours?" Amos asked, looking at the Weasleys.

"All of the red heads," Arthur answered, "and Venus here," he patted Venus's shoulder.

"Black's daughter am I right?" Amos raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," Venus replied, glaring at the man, "is that a problem?"

"No, no." Amos smiled. It seemed that Dumbledore had managed to keep the news about the wearwolf attack to a minimal, which Venus was thankful for. She didn't want everyone knowing, especially everyone at school, after seeing how Lupin had been shunned, Venus was very keen to keep it to herself.

"And here we have Mali Young," Arthur pointed out those who were not his children, "Hermione Granger and Harry Potter."

Amos raised his eyebrows at Harry's name, "Potter eh? I was telling Cedric just the other day about that match last year, that'll be one to tell the grandkids Ced! I said, you beat the famous Harry Potter!"

"Dad!" Cedric had gone slightly red, "Harry fell off his broom."

"Well it doesn't take a genius to work it out," Amos continued, seemingly unaware of Fred and George's growing anger, "one falls off his broom, the other doesn't, which one do you think is the better flyer. I'm sure Harry would agree, the best man won."

It didn't look like Harry agreed, bit he smiled.

"Let's get ready to go then!" Arthur clapped his hands. They all touched a part of the boot and suddenly Venus felt something like a hook pull her forwards.

She smashed down on the ground again.

"6.15 from Standstead Hill." A voice said.

********

"Diggory, over there," a tired looking wizard consulted a piece of parchment, "ask for Mr Fabian."

The Diggorys walked off in the direction that the man had indicated.

"Weasley," the man looked at his parchment again, "furthest field, by the woods, ask for Mr Roberts."

They trekked towards the field and stopped in front of a house.

Arthur exchanged a few words with the man and then they headed off through the campsite.

Although the wizards were trying to blend in as muggles they weren't managing it particularly well.

The group passed one tent that appeared like a miniature castle, complete with turrets and a portcullis.

There were very few people around as most still seemed to be in bed.

Eventually they made it to an empty spot right next to the woods.

"Right," Arthur Weasley clapped his hands together with a massive grin. "Girls this is your tent," he handed Venus a canvas bag that seemed to contain an old looking tent.

Venus, Ginny, Hermione and Mali began putting the tent up.

Mali had been camping many times with her parents so was the most useful member of the team.

Hermione also proved useful, however Ginny and Venus spent most of the time laughing at how muggles camped and then took turns hitting things with the mallet.

Despite this, their tent was still up long before the boy's.

They quickly made their way inside before they were asked to help with that tent.

"It's bigger on the inside!" Mali exclaimed as they walked in.

Venus dumped her bag on one of the beds.

"It's like Doctor Who!" Mali was grinning around the tent.

"What's Doctor Who?" Venus frowned.

"It's a TV show that my parents love."

********

As the day drew on salesmen popped up everywhere. They sold miniature models of players, and all sorts of different merchandise.

Venus purchased a small working model of a Firebolt and some Omnioculars, so that she could see the match.

Then a loud gong sounded from in the woods, a path became illuminated with lanterns.

The match was about to start.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx