fifthteen

continuation of February 7th

I woke up in a hospital bed. Devante was on my side sitting down looking at me. I could kinda tell what was going on.

A doctor walked into the room and Devante stood up and came to my side.

"So what happened? Why did she pass out?" he asked.

"Well... at first we thought that she passed out due to dehydration. But that wasn't the case. I don't know if you noticed but Diana had blood coming out of her which caused her to fall out due to it being a good amount" the doctor said.

"Blood? Why would there be blood?" I asked.

"Well we saw that you were pregnant..." he said.

"Yeah, the baby is fine right?" Devante asked.

"Well we have some news, due to the stress caused, a weak cervix, and bad stomach pains... Diana has had a miscarriage" the doctor told us.

"... I'm sorry what?" I asked, hoping it wasn't what he meant.

"You lost the baby. I am so sorry" the doctor said.

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't. We really lost it. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. Devante started to cry too. I could tell he was very hurt. Seeing him upset made me feel even worst.

"Can you please let me out today? I wanna go home, I don't wanna be here" I said as I was holding back sobs.

"Yes, we'll release you in a few" he told me.

The doctor walked out of the room and I started to break down. I couldn't stop crying. Devante sat next to me and held me as I cried.

hours later

We were home and I was in bed. My eyes were dry from crying all day. I was just snuggled up in bed. Devante came over with some food to try to make me feel better.

"You hungry?" he asked me.

I nodded no and he put it to the side.

"Come here" he said.

I crawled over to him and laid in his chest as he rubbed me.

"It's all my fault, I should've never did that to myself. I did that, I killed the baby" I said as tears went down my cheek.

"You didn't kill it, it was just a mishap, it's not your fault" he told me.

"Yes it is, I should've listened to you. I thought I could do it and I couldn't. It's all my fault"

"Look at me, you didn't do anything to that baby. Don't blame yourself for what happened, it's not your fault, it was never your fault. Stop blaming yourself" Devante told me.

"I'm so sorry De, I ruined it for you" I sobbed.

"No stop, you didn't ruin anything. Diana, you are so special to me, you never ruin anything for me. Stop beating yourself up" he said.

I laid there as my tears soaked up all over De's shirt.

"Just hold me" I cried.

We cuddled up on the bed as I cried. I saw Devante was crying too as his head was down. It was gonna be a while for us to recover. A while.

A/N: didn't mean to pull at y'all heartstrings 😩 this chapter was very sad ik, I was lowkey about to cry as well lol. The next chapter will be in much brighter spirits so stay tuned guys