CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The Gate

~

"El." I spoke out walking closer to the girl, she walked towards me as we met in the middle.

"Eliza." She muttered, pulling me into a hug. I closed my eyes and let a few tears all down my cheeks, we pulled away as she turned towards Mike and smiled "Mike." She spoke before hugging him also.

"We never gave up on you." Mike spoke as he and Eleven pulled away from each other "I called you every night. Every night for—"

"353 days." El responded with a nod "I heard." She then turned to me "I heard what you said that night, when you and Mike called me."

"Why didn't you tell us you were there?" I asked, wiping a tear from my cheek "why didn't you tell me you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper spoke up, I turned to face him, anger bubbled up inside of me, he knew my sister was alive this whole time?

"The hell is this? Where you been?" He asked walking over to Eleven.

"Where have you been?" She asked in return before they hugged like a father and daughter would do.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me my sister was alive?" I spoke up, glaring at Hopper. "You've been hiding her." I yelled as I pushed Hopper harshly, Mike tried to pull me back but Dustin pulled him away.

"Hey!" Hopper yelled grabbing ahold of me, pulling me to look at him "let's talk!" He spoke sternly "Alone."

I pulled away from him and walked towards the first room I saw, I opened the door and walked in while Hopper followed behind me, as he shut the door I turned to face him. "Protecting her? Why the fuck couldn't you tell me? I also have powers."

"Listen." Hopper started "Listen to me. The more people that know about her being alive, the more danger she's in." Hopper spoke stepping towards me "Yes you have powers but the bad men knew you were alive, not so much about Eleven."

"All this time you knew she was alive." I started, tears falling from my eyes "Do you know there were times that I cried myself to sleep because I felt guilty about what happened to her, because I let her push me out of the way and basically sacrificed herself instead of the both of us."

"I'm sorry, Okay, Eliza." Hopper shouted as he placed the gun down "I'm sorry that I tried to protect your family and yourself."

"Oh, should I be thanking you then?" I yelled at him, using my powers to throw something across the room, making it smash against the wall.