Chapter 2

- Jade -

"Honey, I'm going out now. Are you sure you don't want Jesy or the other girls over?" mum asked as she put on her coat.

"No, it's fine. I kinda just want to be alone tonight. Have fun on your date," I smirked causing her to slap my arm playfully before exiting the apartment.

I was watching some old disney movies with biscuits, gummy bears, popcorn and chips surrounding me. Now this, my friends, is a typical Alone Jade Thirlwall night.

"Oh my god , stupid evil step mother!" I yelled at the television when the doorbell rang.

Weird, mum said she won't be home until midnight. It's only 8pm. I just shrugged before opening the door.

My eyes widened as my jaw dropped at the sight in front of me.

Perrie was in front of my door, with cuts and bruises all over her.

"Holy shit ,Perrie! What happened to you? " I exclaimed as I took a hold of her wrist and pulled her gently inside my apartment.

She was sobbing silently. My heart shattered at the sight of Perrie crying.

I ran to the bathroom and took the first aid kit in the cabinet. I went back down to see Perrie with her face buried in her hands. I frowned at the sight. I went to the couch and sat beside her before started cleaning her wounds. She flinched slightly in pain as I muttered 'sorry's every now and then.

After I was done, I asked, "Who did this to you?" I immediately regretted asking that as I saw she teared up.

"Oh no don't cry , I'm sorry!" I exclaimed panicky as I pulled her in for a hug.

And to my surprise, she hugged me back. Forget the cliche butterflies, these are freaking bombs!

We eventually pulled away and she laid her head on my shoulder, still sobbing. I have so many questions in mind,

What happened? Who did this? why did she hugged me back? And why did she come to me for help?

I brushed them off and do what I had to do at the moment. Comfort Perrie. Wow, never thought I'd ever say that in my life.

"Shh it's over. You're here and safe," I whispered as she laid her head on my lap.

Somebody pinch me, this cannot be happening.

I just sat there in shock but eventually relaxed. I played with her hair while humming mindless rhythms.

"Jade?" her voice, soft and gentle.

Wow that's a first. No 'loser' or 'bitch' ?

I just hummed in response.

"Thank you" she managed to squeak out. She sounded, nervous? This isn't like Perrie. Not at all.

But then again, you wouldn't expect anyone who came to you looking like she just got run over by a bus to be confident and snobby.

"It was nothing. Um, do you mind telling me what happened to you? So you don't keep me in suspense," I giggled lightly, trying to lighten up the mood.

She sighed and sat up.

"I mean, it's okay if you don't want-" I was cut off by her," I was walking home from Zayn's"

I cringed at the sound of his name but didn't show much. "He said he had errands to do so I had to walk home. I decided to take the short cut and walked in the alley. I saw some guys but I didn't think much of it so I just continued walking until..." She stopped and laid her head on my shoulder again .