CHAPTER FITHTEEN

The Gate

~

ONE MONTH LATER

"Since the release of the incendiary tape, the once quiet town of Hawkins, Indiana, has spent time in a place it never expected. The national spotlight. Under mounting pressure several high-ranking members from the U.S. department of Energy have admitted involvement in death and cover-up of Hawkins resident Barbara Holland who died due to exposure to an experimental chemical asphyxiant, which had leaked from the grounds of the lab." I looked away from he Tv and walked towards my room, getting ready to pick out my outfit for the Snow Ball tonight.

Later that night I went over to my wardrobe and pulled out the dress. the dress was colorful and very much matched my bubbly personality, I slipped it over my head and zipped it up, I then placed on my new black trainers. For my hair I curled it into natural curls and then placed a flower crown onto my head, to finish the look.

I sat down at on dressing table seat and looked in the mirror at myself, I grabbed some power and placed it all over my face before putting on some mascara. I picked up some vanilla chapstick and placed it over my lips before smiling at myself.

"Elizabeth, are you ready?" My mom called out, I took a deep breath before walking out the door and into the living room, my mom gasped and placed her hand over her mouth. "You look beautiful." She spoke, twirling me around.

Christmas lights surrounded the house while Christmas music played softly in background, my mom started to playfully slow dance with me as I laughed, it was interrupted though as Dustin came into the room saying "son of a bitch" over and over again.

"What's wrong?" I spoke up as our mother went to sit down in her chair again, switching on the Tv. Our new cat now going onto her lap.

"I can't find the stuff Steve gave me." Dustin responded, he was on about the hair product.

"Where did you see it last?" Our mom asked, Turing to look at him.

"Right here, where I put it." He spoke pointing at the counter.

"Trying actually moving stuff over and looking behind them." I suggested, leaning against the wall.

"What's In there that's so important, anyways?" Our mom asked. "You look
Fabulous, baby." She smiled "But Eliza probably has you beat."

Dustin picked up a bag and smiled "Got it" He smiled, looking over at her "and I don't think Eliza has be beat." He spoke before he looked over at me and hummed "Okay, I understand why now." He spoke giving me a smile before he ran towards his room.