Chapter 10: Watched

ALEX'S POV

"We're here." I informed my little buddy.

She jumps in rejoice and runs inside the gymnasium with her arms stretched on the air. It's as if she's sort of imitating a bird with big wings that can fly along the vast sky.

During our walk, I found out that Charlene is an avid fan of the Mhorfell Academy's basketball team. A certainly Spade-biased fan but she told me that Edward is her bias wrecker. Although, I don't know how this fandom system works, I can say that she likes Jonathan, Collen, Alexis, and the others.

If you're gonna ask me if we have talked about other things, well no. Talagang binida niya lahat ng nalalaman niya sa mga lalaking iyon sa akin. Which I'm not really interested on knowing in the first place.

Sa pagsunod ko papasok ay natagpuan ko si Charlene na pinagkukukurot at pinagyayayakap na ng mga babaeng heads. Looks like I'm not the only one who is charmed by that kid's cuteness.

Abang napatigil naman sandali ang mga manlalaro ng team namin dahil mukhang napansin nila na nawala na sa kanila ang atensyon ng mga kaibigan nilang manonood. Kanya-kanya na rin silang lapit sa may mga bench para magpahinga at upang tingnan ang bata.

"Hello! My name is Charlene!" she introduced herself. Kia and the others almost squealed by how adorable the kid is.

"Anak ng! Sino 'yang bata na 'yan, pinsan?! Baka makasuhan tayo ng kidnapping niyan ha!"

"Loko. Ba't ka nandito? 'Di ba ang sabi ko mag-ensayo ka lang doon?" puna ko nang mapansin kong nandito na ang pinsan kong kani-kanina lang ay puno ng reklamo sa katawan.

Edward then came in while wiping his sweat at the back of his head. "We decided to call everyone up including Riell so that we can eat together after our practice." He explained.

They nodded as a response with Skyzzer almost banging his head to convince me that he didn't try to sneak out from practice.

"Anyway, where is her parents? How about the nanny?" Thelina asked as she lifted Charlene up and hugged her like a stuffed toy.

I crossed my two arms and occupied the nearest seat to them. "Dumaan na kami sa office para tawagan ang mga magulang niya. It turned out that Charlene is the daughter of our family's close friend. Kaya naman pinagkatiwala muna nila sa akin 'yung bata dahil baka bukas pa nila mabalikan ang kambal." I told them.