Untitled Part 4

All his life Gajeel has been on the outside, everyone hated him maybe because he was a dick to everyone because he never felt like it was to be loved, the people who did speak to him only acted like his friends so they wouldn't get bullied, but no matter what no one ever cared for him so he never cared for anyone he did what he was told and kept every emotion he felt hidden away except for anger, when phantom lord declared war on Fairy Tail he seen what a gang should be like, he was pissed that lost to a dirty fairy but in some weird way he knew they wouldn't win against a family.

A few days after the fight the master came and spoke to Gajeel convincing him to join the gang rather than be alone, still, no one wanted him there and he was right back where he began, with no one all alone no matter where he was, he felt like laughing at how pathetic he felt.

Gajeel walked out the hideout needing a cig and a break from the noise, he pulled one out of the packet and sighed when he couldn't find his lighter, he was going to walk back in when someone bumped into him "watch where you're going" Gajeel said annoyed "you should watch where you're going" Gajeel looked down seeing bright pink hair he sighed, "do you have a lighter?" he asked Natsu knowing he had a thing for fire, Natsu sliently dug through his pockets for and handed it Gajeel.

Gajeel lit his cig and took a deep breath inhaling the smoke "thanks" he said giving the lighter back Natsu took it back but didn't leave, Gajeel didn't speak "it's been a few weeks why are you still alone?" Natsu asked finally breaking the silence Gajeel gave him a disbelieving look "I started a war with your gang and you're asking why I'm alone" Gajeel spoke like Natsu was the biggest idiot in the world which he probably is.

"well I mean you apologised and you have helped since then so I don't get it" Natsu spoke innocently "not everyone forgives as quickly as you do Natsu, he didn't just start a war he crucified levy and hurt lucy, not everyone can forgive that," Laxus said walking towards them, Natsu and Gajeel both stood silently both thinking about different thing "I guess, I still think your a dick and I can't completely forgive you for what you've done but no one should be on there own that's not how fairy tail works" Natsu said seriously after a few minuets.

Gajeel didn't let his shock show instead he let out a bitter laugh "I don't need anyone I'm fine alone" he replied coldly, Laxus looked at him strangely Laxus was about to comment on Gajeel's words but got cut off "I'm going home" Gajeel said dropping his finished cig on the floor "you can't gramps want's to see you that's why I came out here" Natsu said finally remembering what he came out for.

Gajeel sighed then walked back into the hideout heading for the master's office, Laxus watched as Gajeel walked away "you should talk to him" Natsu said to Laxus "why would I talk to him?" Laxus asked annoyed "because you'll understand what he's feeling better than me," Natsu said oddly sad, Laxus looked down at Natsu "please don't tell me you like him," Laxus said annoyed by the thought, "of course not, but whether you like it or not he's now family and I want him to feel like he has one" Natsu replied honestly.

"What do you want?" Gajeel asked walking into the office, gramps glared at him for a moment then sighed "now that your apart of the gang two things need to happen, first you need to get the fairy tail tattoo, and second you need to transfer to fairy tail high" Gramps said Gajeel just nodded his head "is that all?" he asked wanting to leave as quickly as possible "just one more thing, how are you fitting in?" Gramps asked worriedly "fine" Gajeel replied standing up and leaving.

A week had passed and now he was at Fairy Tail high and of course, he was skipping his first lesson, he the on the school roof with a cig in his mouth and an arm thrown over his eyes he was using his shirt as a pillow he took the cig out of mouth and flicked the ash of  before taking one last blast then he put it out, he closed his eye's and started to drift off with the breeze cooling him down.