5

You sat on the chair with red ribbon

You sat on the chair with red ribbon. Your co-workers were eyeing you ㅡ wondering where you had been at while they were greeting the guests. A small sheepish smile carved on your lips as you uttered an inaudible apology.

Your eyes wander around the hall, observing the patrols. Laughters and talks filled the air. Swiftly, your gazes settled on Jungkook. A broad smile curling up on his pink lips. He looked as if he's having the fun times in his life.

'I wish he would smile like that at me too.'

You unconsciously heaved a long exaggerated sigh while resting your chin on the palm of your hand.

"Eunhee, who are you staring at?"

Sunhi suddenly interrupted ㅡ you immediately removed your gazes from Jungkook and shook your head at Sunhi.

"I'm staring at no one!"

You lied ㅡ trying to convinced your friend who was squinting her eyes in suspicion.

Then, you secretly moved your eyes onto Jungkook but gasped when you realized ㅡ he wasn't there anymore. The place where he once sat was suddenly occupied with another man, which were strikinly familiar to you.

"Ah! It's that guy outside the building!"

You uttered loudly. Your blonde friend can't help but making a confused expression at your weird behaviour.

Coincidentally, the man's eyes locked with yours and in a blink of an eye, he recognized your face. A wide smile tugging on his lips. You didn't hesitate to smile back.

Strangely, he was seeming to walked in your direction. Your eyes aren't removing from his as you see his figure approaching closer and closer to you by each seconds.

A minute later, he was in front of your table. You gave a subtle tilt to look up at the person standing in front of you. Your mouth instantly gawking with widened eyes. Your friends ㅡ as if mimicking you, had the same expression displayed on their faces.

"I knew it. You're one of a worker here."

The gentleman smiled, the tip of your cheeks turning red out of embarrassment but ㅡ what were you embarrassed for?

"H- how? What? Why?"

Your mind went blank. You started to spat scrambled words. The man let out chortles of amusement when he saw your flabbergasted face.

"Well, this is my birthday party and... here I am."

He grinned like a child. A sudden hit of realisation hit you like a brick in the head. Your heart almost stopped when you knew what he was talking about.

"You're... Jung Hoseok!"

You shouted in surprised, attracting other guest's attentions onto you. The stranger you were talking with earlier is actually the CEO's best friend ㅡ in other words, your husband's friend.

"Such coincidence existed.."

You mumbled to yourself.

"Indeed, it does."

The man named Jung Hoseok replied to your own subconscious talks. Your cheeks once again flushed in red ㅡ you hid your face with your long hair, trying to avoid his stares.

"Hoseok, what are you doing?"

A familiar raspy tone voiced out. You sneakily peeked through strings of your hair to look. As expected ㅡ the voice belonged to none other than Jungkook. You could hear faint sounds of squealing at your back, knowing it was your friends.

"Ah, sorry. I was just talking with this woman just now, right?"

Jung Hoseok stated, pointing his words towards you. You knew, the second Jungkook brought his eyes onto your figure, you will just die a little death.

You could already feel Jungkook's cold intimidating glares set upon you. Automatically, your body freeze and you didn't dare to look up. The atmosphere turning still for you and you felt utterly uncomfortable.

"Oh, what were you two talking about?"

Jungkook asked further. You wished he would just stops.

You knew he was planning to get mad at you after that.

"We were talking about ㅡ "

"It was nothing!"

You screamed everything out of your lungs. Your own loud tone can be descry in the background ㅡ through the hall. The guests went silent. The air was still, as if the time itself had froze. You trembled ㅡ realising what you had done.

"Follow me."

Like a bolt of lightning, you couldn't see it coming. In a matter of second, your trembling hand was held by a big rough ones ㅡ dragging you out of the hall.

Your long brown hair cascaded down your chest as you tilt your chin up to see Jungkook broad back. He was holding your hand, dragging you somewhere else in front of everyone.

You wished nothing but for him to let go of your hand.

'What is he thinking? Isn't this going against his contract? I don't understand him.'

Your thoughts scattering everywhere yet your legs still followed every one of his steps.

Later, you were with Jungkook, at a silent place. No one was in sight. Harshly, Jungkook let go of your hand. The butterfly in your stomach instantaneously dispersed.

"What were you thinking?"

His vicious narrowed eyes penetrating into your feared ones. His eyes coercing you to tell everything.

"We happened to met outside the building ㅡ "

Before you could utter another word, Jungkook violently grabbed your arms ㅡ slamming you to the wall. A flare of pain burning your back as you winced.

"What the hell were you doing outside?"

His voice getting lower and morbid. His hot breath fan your face. Jungkook and your breaths were the only sound resonating. The pounding of your heart fastened. You wish you could disappear ㅡ rather than being entrapped on the wall with stares settling on you.

"... unfair.."

"What?"

"It is unfair."

You braced yourself to look at Jungkook's face. Your breathing was getting louder.

"We only married because of business, right? You don't have feelings for me, right? Then, why are you doing all of this to me? Don't you had enough?"

The thoughts you had been suppressing were finally let out. The heavy loads in your chest were lifted. You felt lighter.

"Isn't it obvious? You're my wife. I have the right to control your life."

Tears were already threatening to fall. His words were sharper and painful than swords. It had totally brings to conclusion of giving up your very first love.

'That wasn't the answer I wanted to hear.'

-

Jungkook is such a d*ck *cries in spanish* kbye I'm gonna read paradise kiss