03| E v e l y n

And all my walls stood tall painted blue

But I'll take 'em down, take 'em down and open up the door for you

And all I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind

Making up for lost time, taking flight, making me feel like

-Everything has changed, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran.

03| Evelyn

Evelyn was going through her first day at Gateway High with a tight knit in her stomach and the oh-so-gracious scowl from her locker mate, the guy with insanely blue eyes. Evelyn wasn't planning to make friends. It was until History, nobody paid her attention, but Abigail Johnson.

Abigail sat next to Evelyn in history, introduced herself, saying she was assigned to help her, sent by the gracious Maisie to help Evelyn. Abigail called her 'lost soul' and laughed about it.

Evelyn didn't find humor in it but laughed along. She did really think she was a lost soul just floating by. Pathetic.

And thus Evelyn ended up being dragged to the cafeteria by Abigail, her constant chatter was like the newest break up song from Taylor Swift in Evelyn's ear, interesting at first, boring later. Then she spotted the scowl-faced-blue-eyed guy.

His name was Mason Stewart, as told by Abigail.

But what was disappointing was the blue eyed guy, however, was really a big fan of scowls and kind enough to offer one to her again. Not just that, he left without any word. Evelyn is wondering how his voice might sound, laced with silk or harsh like crows. Might be the latter.

After Abigail offered her to sit with them, Evelyn smiled tightly with her lips pressed. She was then introduced to Jack Walters, a guy with midnight black hair and goofy smile. He was talking about cockroaches with Noah White, a guy with a sweet smile and blonde hair, who was ignoring Jack.

Beside Noah sat Diana Carter, her rich brunette hair falling in waves down her shoulder. She smiled at Eve. On another chair was a readhead with black rimmed glasses on her nose with a book in her hand, Rita Jenkins.

Evelyn sat down and gave all of them a nervous smile in return. The table was exactly in the middle of the cafeteria which made Evelyn think everyone was staring at her. She reminded herself how she would hide from Abigail and sit in the corner tomorrow. Deciding that Evelyn opened her lunch box which contained salads.

Evelyn had no interest to look like Victoria's Secret's models. Problem was that she was gaining weights which was really odd for an anxious person whose stomach was constantly in knots and wanted to throw up whatever she ate. But she figured anyway. She was boring and only went to school, did her homework, watched TV and ate Cheetos while lying in the drawing room couch and slept. Went to school again and the routine continued. Like Simon James from The Double her life also went in a boring circle and there was no end of it until she hit New York.