Chapter Eight: Purple roses and apologies

Hermione

            It was the middle of the night again and I was twisting and turning in my bed. Lightning flashes across the sky and lights my room, making me jump. I wasn't expecting that. I finally sigh and get up. I pull down my black nightie and try to go to the kitchen without mistakes this time.

          Walking through the halls, finally making it to the kitchen, I go for the blueberry sherbet instead of peach

          Walking through the halls, finally making it to the kitchen, I go for the blueberry sherbet instead of peach. I sit on the cool tiled floor and enjoy my sherbet. Draco doesn't come to join me tonight. If that's how he wants to act, then fine.

Time skip, morning/////////

             I wake up later than usual with a loud groan. I open my eyes and look at the time. It was eleven in the morning. Sitting up, I grab my robe and head to the closet. I change into a black knee length skirt that laces up in the back, a white button up blouse, black and white flats, and a black cardigan. I make my way out of my bedroom and find myself in the dining room where Draco sits, tapping his fingers on the table.

"You're late for breakfast." He says with a raised eyebrow.

"I was busy sleeping, but you don't really deserve an explanation." I snap, sitting down and grabbing coffee.

"Watch your language Hermione." Draco glares.

"What are you going to do about it Malfoy?" I ask, snarling. "Spank me?" I snort.

"I just might actually." Draco replies. "Let's see how well you can handle a little discipline."

"What? No." I snort. "There's no way in hell you'll be doing that."

"Oh I would." He replies.

I feel my knickers getting wet, making me wonder if I really wanted to be spanked. I begin to think of last night and I glower at him. "Leave me alone."

Draco raises his eyebrows. "What do you mean 'leave you alone'?" He asks.

"It means to mind your own bloody business and keep your hands to yourself." I reply. "You don't know what you did wrong last night. You're pretending that we didn't argue on our first date and then ignore me! You. Are. An. Asshole!" I say, grinding my teeth together before getting up and storming off.

I slam my bedroom door and flip down on my bed, kicking off my shoes and curling under the covers. I actually got up and thought that maybe today would be different. Instead, I'm marrying a complete pig! Sooner or later I doze off to sleep with that thought in my mind. I wake up to several short and soft knocks, they weren't so demanding anymore. I groan and stand up, wobbling slightly as I walk over to the door. I open it slightly and look at into slightly guarded grey eyes. I look further down and see that he also has a bunch of bags in his hand and he's wearing a navy blue suit with a white tie. And a bouquet of purple and white roses. The white roses have a magenta tinge to the center.