4. The Tutor

4

Two months passed by. Two whole months! It was almost routine. Go to school, after go to Carson, and then go to bed. The only thing that brought me slightly out of routine was Dawson. We became pretty close. We went to the movies as friends a couple times and we would sit together all the time. We texted and called each other and the whole nine yards. He's so sweet. He's made me almost forget about Carson all together. Other than meeting him after school too.

I was pretty sure Dawson was into me, but I wasn't positive. I talked to Rose and she assured me that he most likely does. Also she got with Ryan finally. I was so happy for her.

It was the day before the first homecoming dance. I was getting antsy because I really wanted Dawson to ask me, but I wasn't sure he was going to. It's getting too close.

The whole day passed by. I went to tutoring with Carson and then on my way out I was utterly shocked.

Standing there at the door of the library was Dawson, holding a rose. I smiled widely and ran up to him.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi."

"Listen, I was wondering, since homecoming is tomorrow night, you wouldn't mind being my date." He asked holding out the rose.

Carson passed by right then and scoffed. I glared at him and heartily accepted Dawson's request and the rose. He gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. I blushed big time.

"I was afraid you weren't going to ask me." I admitted.

He chuckled. "Yeah, well I wanted to throw you off."

"That's risky. What if someone else was going to ask me?"

"Oh, I talked to all the guys. I made sure to tell them that you were my date."

I smiled. Then I hit his shoulder. "Hey! What was that for?"

"For scaring me."

He laughed and threw his arm around my shoulders as he walked me back to my room.

When we got to my room I opened the door and looked back at him. "Goodnight Dawson."

"Goodnight Gracie."

I paused for a second then before I knew it Dawson was next to me and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his back.

He let go breathlessly. "Sorry, I just..."

I chuckled. "It's fine. Goodnight again."

"Night." He smiled widely and walked off.

I was breathless. I walked in my room and shut the door. Then I went and collapsed on my bed smiling and giggling.

~*~

For the dance I straightened and curled my hair. I put it up in a loose, but fancy bun with some little jewels. My dress was a little black number. It was a halter top with embroidery on the chest. I loved it.

I had black strappy heels and a little handbag.

I waited for Dawson to come pick me up.

He was a couple minutes late which put me on edge, but he did show up and was as dashing as ever.

"Wow, Gracie, you look amazing." He said staring.

"Thanks, so do you."

He smiled and took my hand. "Let's go."

~*~

We walked in and I saw some girls glare in jealousy. I smiled. Viola and Georgia walked up with their dates smiling. "Hey Gracie."