Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Third Person POV

Steve looked around in confusion as he walked onto the bridge, to find everyone gathered around the table, watching Aria's conversation with Loki from yesterday. " Hey, has anyone seen Aria?" Steve asked.

" Not since yesterday." Natasha told him. " What do you think she means when she mentions another her?"

" Perhaps shes going to act differently when she talks to him next?" Thor suggested. " What ever is it, she appears to be trying to gain his trust."

" WHERE IS STONE" Fury yelled as he stepped on to the bridge and everyone exchanged a look.

Aria's POV

I let out a breath as I looked around the ice rink, before I stepped out on to the ice. I let myself slide toward the center, before I began to move my feet in a rhythm, the sound of metal on ice as my skates hit the ice.

As I got closer, I started to move my feet faster and then just as I reached the center, I jumped into the air and spun, before landing back on the ice.

A grin crossed my face as I then began to skate across the rink, jumping twice more as I went, but on the second, I landed backwards and turned before crouching as I spun around on one leg, my eyes closing as a sense of freedom flowed through my viens. As I spun to a complete stop, before I began to move across the ice again, but I spun around at the sound of clapping to find Stark, Natasha, and Steve all watching me from the stands.

" How did you find me?" I asked as I skated closer.

" Camera footage from an ATM across the street." Tony said and I made a face, but as I turned to go back across the rink, Steve said something that made me freeze. " Did you get anything from Loki?"

" What do you mean, I haven't talked to him yet?" I said in confusion and they exchanged looks.

A few minutes later, I sat in silence watching as 'I' interrogated Loki. " That's not me." I said finally. " I went to bed after our conversation yesterday, and I didn't leave my room until this morning."

" She's not wrong, there's no footage of her leaving the room." Natasha said

" Why do I hear a but coming." I mumbled and Natasha looked at me with a frown. " But there is footage of you standing outside the door, not long after you went inside."

" If this was me, why don't I remember this happening?" I questioned but no one responded, before a voice spoke up from the doorway. " I have a suggestion."

" What do you have in mind?" Fury asked and I turned to find Bruce Banner, looking at us all rather nervously. I knocked the chair over as I stood up, before I declared. " I'm not crazy."

" I never said you were, but with how you are starting to adapt to your abilities, anything is possible."

" Mind sharing with the rest of the class?" Tony asked, and an annoyed look crossed my face as Bruce said. " Like me, Aria might be the only one half of a whole."

**********

" Is this really necessary?" I asked as Bruce hooked me up to a machine, while the others sat behind a screen.

" It is if we want to figure out exactly what it is we are dealing with." Fury said from a speaker, and I made a face, before flinching as Bruce poked me with a needle. He raised his hands in surrender as he walked over to join the others behind the screen, and I let out a sigh before stretching out in the chair, and closing my eyes as the sedative began to take effect.

Third Person POV 

" How do we even know if this is going to work?" Tony asked as they watched Aria.

" We don't, but it will give us some insight into how exactly her abilities effect her." Fury said as Bruce began to mess around with one of the computers that displayed several images of Aria's brain, along with her heart rate, which began to slow as she fell asleep. As they watched, the images of Aria's brain began to change, and her heart rate spike slightly.

" It's pathetic really." A voice said and they all turned to find two Arias inside the room, but the one in the chair hadn't moved, or even registered the presence of the second as she slept. " She gets to do what ever she wants, while I'm kept in the darkness of the mind of a weakling." She seemed to be talking more to herself then to them. " She doesn't even know the pain she's causing by keeping so many secrets." She said before turning to face them as she disappeared.

" The stress on her mind created me." She told them and they turned to look at her as she appeared behind them." All the anger, regret, sorrow, fear; I am the result of every negative feeling toward herself."

" How is it possible for us to see you?" Thor questioned.

" I posses abilities that my other half does not, were she to except herself and her powers, she would be able to do the same."

Her form began to flicker and she looked toward the real Aria in annoyance before looking to Fury. " My other half has a part to play in the events to come, she must be ready, and above all else, she mustn't-" Her words were cut off as she disappeared, and Aria awoke. " Did you guys get anything?" She asked with a yawn, but none of them answered as they stared at her in silence.

Just who was Aria Stone?