18 | Nine Years Old Young Miss

|©Reandayo - 24 February 2018|

Meanwhile, a busy girl was captivated by the books she just found and clueless about the things happened outside.

Kaiden leaned on a wall near to where Elena was seated with her books, his eyes were looking everywhere searching for something suspicious and dangerous for the young miss.

He sighed when he saw his co-worker Jovan. The mentioned name were bored in the room full of books and he can't disturb Elena either. So he started to play with a whiteboard, one of the facilities that was given by the library.

He wrote Graham's name with his messy handwritting and write out a plan if his team's captain is kidnapped by the guards.

"If he do not appear the next minute I will show off my capableness to young miss and she will definitely favor me and pick me to become her personal bodyguard, by then I will get a raise and make much more money! Let's just hope...."

The next second, the doors were opened to reveal the handsome man. He stepped into the room with his cold domineering aura and went to Elena's side.

"Oh nevermind." With a sad face, he erased the things he scribbled and immediately went to his captain's side.

"What's your report?" Elena asked, her eyes were still on the book but she noticed Graham ever since he opened the door.

"The commander has given up and were now retreating with his royal highness the crown prince."

"Good work," Elena smiled softly, relieved that her bodyguard is okay.

"If my family wants me to avoid them, then maybe it's something serious." She muttered, "I'm curious. Extremely curious. But right now I'm not in the place to take risk and act like a damsel in distress."

"Are you really just a nine years old girl?"

Elena chuckled at Graham's surprise face, "You watched me grow from when I was still on diapers. So you can answer that yourself."

.

.

.

Meanwhile;

"Woah, just with those ten minutes talk?" Jovan widened his eyes. "What is he? His long lost brother?"

Kaiden nudge the later harshly as he glared at him with a warning, and whispered, "Graham was stripped from his status because his brother who is the commander, framed him."

"Ah, I see." Jovan eyes widened as he put his fist on his palm.

"He must've hold grudge against him. Captain has always been good at it." Jovan muttered, "Like when I prank him by pouring lemon juice on him, he always 'accidentally' threw a bucket of cold water in the morning."

He shuddered as he whispered, "Because of that until now I have to wake up early from the nightmares."

"It's a good progress, you were always hard to wake up. I will thank Graham for that." Kaiden whispered back.

"Motherf%cker. It's not funny." Jovan cursed.

"I'm not making a joke in the first place, shitty head." Kaiden answered, "And that's not the point."

"It's rumoured that Graham has been promoted as the commander, but his brother stole it from him with dirty tricks." Kaiden whispered. "And fun fact; Graham is once the strongest on the imperial military."

"Woah, I would not appreciate that either."

"But it's complicated.. the thing is-"

"Stop talking about my family problem behind my back, you two." Graham interrupt with heavy voice as he glared at them.

Elena closed the book at her hand and look at them too.

Jovan awkwardly chuckle, "You see, captain, we're not talking behind your back, we're certainly talking in front of you. Well, while whispering, yeah, but-"

Kaiden stomped his feet on Jovan's with a salute pose to Graham. Jovan cried in pain.

"Sorry, sir. We've learnt our lesson."

"Good, now let's go back to our previous job." Graham decided to ignore their talks and walk to the guarding men with cold aura.

"I want every guard on duty today to line up before me as soon as possible."

Immediately fifty men from all over the library corner form a horizontal line in front of Graham. Wellington's guard or the guards hired by the library are lining up professionally. Jovan and Kaiden were on the front line, each on both corners.

"At ease!" Graham's shout dominate the room.

All of the soldiers remained unmoved, excluding a few men that were scattered around the last rows.

Everyone immediately took notice of those men. One of them cussed and glared at Graham.

Jovan smirked at the sight, "That's when you know you fucked up~" he sang.

"Detain them immediately" Graham ordered.

The guards behind them quickly hold their arms behind their body, and for those who struggle, he was thrown to the ground and was disabled by the guards.

"Do you know how you got found out immediately?" Jovan asked mischievously. "Captain just ordered us with the earpiece to not to follow his orders while we're forming a line."

"You did not get what he said, because you were not using the same ear piece as ours." Kaiden stated while he forcefully took the ear piece from the nearest spy.

He inspect the ear piece at his hand and crashed it on his palm.

"Tell us, who are you working for? The Red Dragon? The royal family?" Kaiden squats in front of a detained spy, "Trust me, I know you came from either both."

The spy spat with a glare, "No one for you to concern about."

"The royal family, I see. Perhaps the crown prince." Kaiden said, "Red Dragon would not hire amateurs like you."

Angered by how Kaiden mocked, the spies gritted their teeth and silently imagining themselves strangling him. But they know it wouldn't happen. They couldn't.

"Take them to the other room. The young miss can not be bothered."

"Yes, sir." They obeyed Graham, dragging the struggling men to the other room.

"Sorry for the scene." Graham apologize.

Nodding her head, she replied as she open another book, "I don't mind. Good work this time too, captain."

"Sure do, nine years-old young miss."

Elena laughed.