0088

It was a Tuesday afternoon, which was also the second day of Tweek's return to high school. He'd survived yet another day, and was beginning to ease back into the normalcy that he'd once followed. Their final class was over, and the number of students in the hallways was slowly easing out. Beside the lockers, both Tweek and Craig stood, waiting for Clyde to finish using the restroom. He'd been in there for a while. Ever since lunch, he'd been throwing up, so he wasn't expected to come out anytime soon.

Tweek had been idly watching his peers as they collected their belongings from the lockers. He unintentionally listened to the conversations that met his ears, until Craig cleared his throat beside him, gaining Tweek's full attention. When he stared over to Craig, Tweek noticed he was looking more agitated than usual. His eyes never settled on one position for too long, and he seemed to nervously chew on his bottom lip.

"What're you doing tonight?"

"I'm not sure." Tweek responded in thought. "Why?"

Leaning his shoulder against the locker, Craig's eyes briefly met Tweek's. "My mom said you have to come for dinner tonight." He says as he glances down the hallway. "You don't have a choice. She'll beat you up if you don't come."

Knowing Mrs Tucker would never force him into coming over, Tweek rolled his eyes with a quiet chuckle. He thought about how he hadn't been over to Craig's house for dinner in the longest time, and suddenly, he felt anxious to do so. "I don't know..."

"What don't you know?" Craig grumbled in reply. "It's just dinner. Clyde's going to be there, too."

"What about Token? Will he be there?"

"Uh, no..."

Momentarily, Tweek went silent as he pondered the situation. It didn't make sense for Craig's mom to invite him over, but not Token. He understood that Clyde was staying with them for a couple of days, so maybe that was why he was going to be present, but again, why did she want Tweek to come over? Then a thought creeped into the back of his mind. It made him suspicious as he turned to face Craig, who was avoiding his gaze. "Why does she want me to come over?" Tweek asked, with slightly squinted eyes. "I appreciate the offer, but why now?"

Scratching his head, Craig released a breath he'd been holding in. He shrugged after a moments pause, but then he shyly confessed, "She knows about you."

"What about me?"

"About... us..."

Taken back, a wave of self consciousness washed over Tweek's entire being. In a moment of nerves, his fingers curled into the palm of his hand as he forced himself to regain composure.
She knows, he thought to himself.
He needed to know more. Needed to know what her reaction was to the situation, before he even thought about answering the request to come over. It could be a trap, after all. She could be inviting him for dinner, so that she could threaten him into staying away from her son. But such ways weren't in Laura Tucker's capabilities. She was a mother before all, and in a way, Tweek knew she'd accept her son, no matter what.

"She knows?" He repeated, swallowing harshly as he took a small step away from Craig.

Amused, Craig replaced the step with one of his own, moving closer to Tweek as he innocently smiled. "She knows."