Chapter 36

Hey guys

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 36

       The further along the Mountain the ridiculous man pulled me, the more my heart seemed to fall into my stomach. The castle had disappeared behind the trees a while ago, and I feared North would not be able to fine us- no matter how he promised he always would. If he even knew I was missing.

       "This is ridiculous. You have to let me go!" I snapped for the hundredth time as his vice-like grip continued to drag me through the dense forest.

       The sun was falling further and further behind the horizon of the Mountain with each step we took, and the light from the moon glistening overhead offered little protection from the darkness of the trees. The snow, which I had once loved so deeply, sparked dangerously against the branches. I let out a shaky breath.

       "Stop struggling, it won't do any good." Liberius growled with a sharp tug on my arm. A curse escaped my lips as the pull caused my feet to stumble over a fallen branch. "We are not far now." He murmured hurriedly, those disgustingly yellow eyes glancing hurriedly around the trees.

       "Are you not excited to see your love again, dear Emerense?" He sneered, his fanged teeth flashing in the darkness as he glanced back at me. Sickness stirred in my stomach. "Or are you content whoring around with that lesser King?"

       His words were a sharp slap to my face, one that left my mouth gaping open and my eyes wide in disbelief. "I-I..." I had never been talked to in such a way, not that I could remember at least. Whoring around... My mind was already tearing apart trying to figure out my relationship with the King, but to describe it in such a way-

       "The truth is always hard to swallow, my lady."

       "Fuck you."

       "Oh! Someone's getting snarky!" His eyes flashed in amusement and that sickening smile of his only grew. "I like it. It stirs your power more. It won't take long to call to him now." I was too furious to say anything after that, the words just kept sticking in my throat.

       I honestly never want to wish ill on anyone, but I would have given anything to watch North end him just then. We had been walking for what felt like hours, with no sign of any wolf-borne. Not even the border patrol. I feared what that meant.

       It wasn't much longer until he pulled me through a thick clump of trees, our feet stepping onto a large, rolling clearing. Thick shin-high grass crumbled beneath us as he dragged me away from the forest, the castle nowhere in sight. I suddenly missed the cover of the trees.

       The quickly fading sun was hidden completely behind thick, black, storm clouds brewing steadily along the Mountain, a cold, bitter wind blowing along with it. A terrified shiver ran down my spine, and the feeling didn't ease as a large, metal-like object, sitting directly in the middle of the clearing, entered my vision.

       My breath turned into panicked pants deep within my chest. That could not be good. "S-Stop this right now." But the words were weak pleas as they stumbled past my lips, too weak for anyone to hear over the rolling thunder of the brewing storm. Not that he would have let me go anyway.

       The closer he dragged me towards the odd machine, the darker the space around us grew. At first I thought it was just those ridiculous clouds blocking all hope of light- but then quick, slithering movements caught the corner of my gaze.