Ch.8

Tris and I walked back to the training room. We had just gotten back from shooting on the roof. I looked at the board and called out to her. "Hey Tris! Look!"

She ran over, but instead of smiling, a frown formed on her face. My brows came together, confused. "What's wrong? You moved up! You're 26th now. That's great..."

She shook her head, walking off. "Not good enough."

I frowned and turned back to the board. I growled as I saw my name in third. Lukas had moved in front of Edward and I. Peter was also now one behind me, in fourth. "Hell no."

I whipped around, trying to find Eric. I saw him speaking with a boy, trying to explain to him why his hits weren't doing any damage. I walked up to him, just as the boy walked away. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Put me in a fight with Edward or Lukas."

He scoffed. "You do realize you aren't invincible right? They would kill you. If you lose, your ranking would go down even further. I'm not letting you do that."

He began to walk away, but I ran after him. I came up to his left side, before jumping in front of him. "Please, Eric. I can take them. I've already beat Peter twice. I just-"

We both stopped and turned as we heard someone cry out. "Stop! Stop! I'm done... I'm done!"

Eric stormed over immediately, and I followed. He looked down at the girl, who I now noticed was Christina. He sighed, "You need to stop?"

She nodded her head fiercely, nearly crying. Eric looked at me, then back to her. "Ok. Let me give you a hand."

He held his hand out to her and she grabbed it. He pulled her up. She smiled a bit, "Thanks."

I don't know what happened, but the moment she smiled at him- I wanted to bash her face in. I was angry at him for helping her, as well. I would have probably fought her then and there, if Eric didn't yell out for everyone to listen up. "Alright! Everyone take a break!"

Eric decided we should all go on a walk. He kept Christina up in the front with him, his arm wrapped around her. I growled lowly under my breath. Peter looked to me out of the corner of his eye and smirked. "Someone's jealous."

I scoffed, "Maybe. Even so, I'm gonna find a time to make her wish she'd just kept fighting Molly."

Peter smirked and laid his arm over my shoulder. "Let's make a plan then. To get rid of her."

I smiled for a moment, when I noticed Tris looking back at us. I glared at her, finally deciding Eric was right. I just needed to get rid of her and Christina. Peter pulled me closer and leaned his head on mine. "What're looking at Stiff? Go on- keep walking."

I smirked as Tris frowned and turned around. We kept walking, nearing the chasm. I felt a little better, until I heard Eric talking to Christina. "You, uh, feeling a little better?"

She looked to the ground, "Yeah. I'm fine now."

I would have shoved her off the railing myself. That is, until, Eric spoke. "Good."

He grabbed Christina by the wrist and threw her over the railing. Her free hand latched onto the bottom rail. Eric spoke to her, stone faced. "Grab the rail... Or don't."

He released her hand, and she latched onto the rail. She gasped and struggled. I smirked to myself, making my way to the front of the group. I noticed Tris watching me as I did so, but I ignored her.

Eric spoke again, "You got three options. Hang there and I'll forget your cowardice. Fall and die. Or give up. But if you give up you're out."

I chuckled as I watched her groan and struggle. Eric smirked at me, before looking back at Christina. I rolled my eyes as I heard Tris call out, "Come on Chris!"