Seventeen: Enemies

The evening practice finished, and all the boys were slowly leaving the gymnasium and heading towards the changing room. You stalled with cleaning the hall, waiting for Oikawa to come back as he promised. Since the lunch break, you were getting progressively more nervous. Usually Oikawa was making out with you by surprise, but today he even went to your classroom to ask you if you were free. Of course, you wanted to continue what you hadn't finished earlier, but knowing that you will be doing this in a moment was somehow really stressful for you.

You inhaled deeply and pulled the trolley with the balls into the storeroom. You closed the room and looked around to see if everything was on its place. The gymnasium was perfectly cleaned up and there was nothing left for you to do. You sat on the bench and peeked at the clock. Oikawa was away already for ten minutes.

As Oikawa left the gymnasium, he lumbered after Iwaizumi towards the changing room. When he quickly packed up all his belongings, he closed his locker and saw off his teammates. He told Iwaizumi to go home without him and scampered towards the gymnasium not to make you wait for too long. But as he turned round the corner, he nearly froze in surprise. In front of the school gates was standing a black haired boy, wearing a black sports jacket and black sweatpants. He was slightly shorter than Oikawa, but he also looked athletic. As soon as Oikawa saw him, some uneasy feeling filled him.

He quickly stepped towards the gates, taking on a superior stance.

"Tobio-chan?", he asked with clear aversion.

The black haired boy turned around and stiffened seeing Oikawa. He knew that it was very probable to meet him since it was around the time the volleyall club was finishing its practice, but still, he hoped to escape the awkward encounter.

"Hello, Oikawa-san", he said, not hiding his discontent.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you have a volleyball practice?", Oikawa inquired, a pout huing his face.

"We finished earlier", Kageyama replied shortly. "Is perhaps [Name] still at school?", he asked.

Oikawa widened his eyes for a second, feeling a wave of anxiety flowing through his body.

"She's-", he wanted to say that you had already left, but a voice coming from behind him stopped him.

"Kageyama-kun? What are you doing here?", you asked and ran up to the boys.

"[Name], do you have time?", Kageyama asked, his voice changing from a snippy growl into a shy mumble.

Oikawa squinted, and a discontent expression grew on his face. But he didn't interrupt and stood still with his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"Eh?", you looked dimly at Kageyama, surprised by his question. You quickly turned your look on Oikawa who was standing behind you, a fringe covering his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Kageyama-kun, I can't-", you said apologetically but Oikawa cut in.

"You can go", he said with a caustic voice and turned away from you.

"'But-", you wanted to say something, but he didn't let you finish.

"I don't need you everyday", he said and continued walking towards the gymnasium.

You widened your eyes, shocked by Oikawa's behaviour. You moved your eyes on the ground and a great wave of sorrow overflew you. It felt as if somebody poured a bucket of cold water on your head.

Oikawa didn't need you.