24

L I L Y

L I L Y

I can't help but frown at the sight of what Mason's doing as I walk towards him. Leaning against his car with a cigarette between his lips. I try to hide my disappointment, as he throws it onto the ground and steps on it.

He glances back up at me sheepishly. "Sorry princess."

I slightly glare in return. "Why do you do that?" He's practically killing himself with those things.

He walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist, while I scrunch my nose up at the smell that's already surrounding me.

Mason sighs and begins to rub my back soothingly. "Stress." Is his simple answer.

I tilt my head curiously at this. "Why are you stressed?" Is it me? Maybe i'm too much.

"It's nothing. You don't need to worry about it."

Is he serious?

"I'm a big girl, Masey. I can handle it." I place my hands on his chest as I stare up at him with my eyes narrowed.

He only smiles at my expression. "I know you are, sweetheart. But it's really nothing. I'm just nervous about leaving you at school."

I know there's something else bothering him, something he clearly doesn't wanna talk about yet, so I decide not to push it.

Instead I send him a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, I promise."

~

"Can't you just come with me? You can come to my classes!" I exclaim, tugging on his arm as we stand in front of his car.

He had to basically drag me out of the passenger seat. I'm trying to convince him to just sneak around, but he won't. He's not afraid to get in trouble with the police for fighting, but he refuses to do this?

"What happened to you being a big girl?" He wonders, grabbing both of my hands to stop my movement.

"I am! But I-I think you need to stay with me. It'll make you feel better. You were nervous earlier, remember? When we were at home?" My voice is slightly rushed, as I nervously look around to avoid his gaze.

I see Mason's eyes soften when he cups my face, forcing me to look back up at him. "You know I can't sneak around Lils, i'll get in even more trouble if I get caught. We don't want that, right?" He raises his eyebrows.

I slowly shake my head. If he got in trouble again, he'd probably have to be gone longer.

He smiles at my cooperation. "Good girl. Now, get to class and don't be late, alright?"

After I nod, Mason leans down and places his lips on mine. I return the kiss right away, moving in sync with him, until after a few seconds he pulls away. He leaves another kiss on my forehead. "I'll be waiting here for you after school. Have a good day, princess."