Invited ~ Bri POV

I get home kicking my shoes off at the from door, running to the couch to turn the TV on and flip on to my most favorite show in the world. As i sit and watch the show, its only been 10 minutes into the new season and I'm already picking out the fine ones and the ones I know not going to last. A stud comes on the screen with neck tats and blond/light brown dyed dreads, and a small studded piercing on her right eyebrow, she was a redbone and continuously licked her lips. All I could think of was the girl next door. I felt a way I never did and in a place I never had before... what was wrong with me? I turned the TV off. I tried to get my mind off of it and go look for something to eat.

As Im sitting down eating grapes and strolling through instagram, someone knocks on the door not to hard but loud enough I can hear it.

"Kole Residence, who is it?" I yelled out

"Kori, your neighbor"

Oh shit. I could see her shadow through the glass window and my heart began to skip beats, my stomach dropped and I shuffled to get off the counter spilling every single grape that was in the bowl.

"So uh, you gone open the door orrr?" I could see she was looking at all the decorations on the porch

I opened the door and there she was. BOOM. Shirtless. Nike sports bra and gym shorts. I didn't know why she caught my eye the way she did but again, i felt some type of way. I looked her up and down about 3 times before i finally heard her voice.

"My folks wanted me to come over and invite you to dinner, its lame i know but they begged me to" she bit her lip once again and this time i felt my knees quiver.

"Yeah sure, I'll let my mom know. What time?" I tried so hard not to stutter and make my self look stupid.

"Uh about an hour... it don't matter." She took two steps back and turned around heading home. I was waiting for her to look back and when she did, she had the biggest and whitest smile. I was so weak and at this point I knew it was something about her. I just didn't know what.

I went inside shutting the door, smiling so hard. I texted my mom that I was invited to the neighbors dinner and wouldn't be there when she got home. Sent. I looked down at my body and uh uh, i was not going over there looking like this. I ran up stairs and grabbed a dress, makeup, and my speaker. I was bound to impress. 45 minute shower here i come.