S I X T E E N

Breaking Brielle

Chapter Sixteen

Not Edited

~ Brielle Clark's POV ~

Dear Brielle,

I'm so sorry for leaving you so soon. When I found out about the cancer, I regretted everything. I regretted not being there for you the way I should have been. I didn't give you the childhood your father and I had planned for you. We wanted you to grow up in Eastview. With no worries. We wanted you to grow up the way we did. We wanted you to make friends that you would keep forever and fall in love. But I destroyed all of that the moment I picked up the phone and told River that you had kicked. He was always the type that wanted to be there for everything. I knew he would get in his car and come home. I just trusted that his friends would stop him if he was too drunk. I'm so sorry I made you grow up without a father. Then I moved you to that crappy apartment in a bad neighborhood. Just because I was depressed... But that's all in the past right now. You're probably wondering why I never used the money. Well, Brielle... You have an aunt. Your father's sister. Her name is Crystal and she never forgave me for calling your father. She even went as far as to believe I did it on purpose for the money. I don't blame her... It did sound suspicious. But I promise you that I didn't. I love your father and I would give anything to have him back. I would give anything to have him by our side right now. And I feel terrible for wanting him here because if he could see me like this... dying... it would kill him the way his death killed me. If you're reading this, you're 18 and I'm gone. Please don't cry for me sweetheart. Because I'm with your father. But you need to promise me that I won't see you until you're an old woman with kids and grandkids. Because I will woop your butt if you're up here anytime soon. Okay? Okay. Mr. Towers is usually a get down to business type of man so he probably didn't explain what I left you. So I'll do it for him. Your father and I bought a house a few weeks before he died. The address, deed and all legal documentation is enclosed in a folder that Mr. Towers should have given you. I had it transferred into your name a few months ago so don't worry about any of that. The 950,000 dollars is also yours. I trust you to spend the money wisely and not all in one place. I trust you. And I love you darling. I'm so sorry for leaving you so soon. I'm so sorry that I won't be able to see your graduation, your wedding, your career or your children. I'm so sorry and I hope you can forgive me.