Ch.12

Four threw down two bags, then unrolled them. There were small guns inside. They looked like toys.

Thankfully, Molly spoke before I did. She whispered over to Peter. "You call that a gun?"

Eric loaded it, and shot it at Molly. It was a dart that went in her leg. She screamed out in pain, her body slamming against the wall behind her. She slid to the ground, groaning and in pain.

Eric walked towards her and plucked it out of her leg. "Neurostim dart. Simulates the pain of a real gunshot wound. It only lasts a couple minutes."

I smirked. Now these sound much more fun. Eric looked around, "Two teams. Four and I are captains."

Four gestured to Eric, "You pick first."

He laughed, "Ok... Edward."

Four looked down at the gun in his hand, "I'll take the Stiff."

Eric smirked, "Oh? Picking the weak ones so you have someone to blame when you lose?"

Four nodded and smirked back, "Something like that."

Eric picked me next. I smirked to myself. Game on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our team jumped off first, getting a head start. Eric had already planned out where we would be setting up our flag, and everyone's jobs. I was on flag duty. Eric would be down and defending from the ground. I was waiting for what seemed like forever, when I heard guns start going off. I could hear Eric's voice from all the way up here, yelling commands. Actually, I could hear everyone, there was a big echo effect.

I looked down and saw Peter coming up on Christina. I scowled. No one had wanted him, so he was picked last. We got stuck with him. Eric put him as far away as possible from me. I listened in on what was happening.

Christina whipped around, coming face to face with Peter. I heard the smirk in his voice, "Tell me if this hurts."

I saw Tris come out of nowhere and aimed at Peter, "You tell me."

I laughed out loud as she shot him in the chest. Christina shot him again, just for fun. They ran off and I whooped at them, even though they probably couldn't hear me.

I looked to the rest of the battlefield. I saw Eric and Four shooting countless bullets at each other. Four finally shot Eric once in the leg, then the chest. I growled, I took my aim. I shot three times, two of them hitting my target. Four fell to the ground for a moment. I didn't hit him anywhere severely painful, so he hid behind a crate, out of my sight. I looked down to see Eric looking around, wondering where the shots came from.

I turned around, hearing Tris and Christina making their way up the stairs. I yelled some orders out, and sent two girls down after them. Molly being one of them.

I heard her cry out, and then tumble down the stairs. I rolled my eyes, and aimed my gun at the hatch I'd just sent the two girls through. I heard the other girl cry out. Wow, I should've just taken care of it myself. Oh well, too late now. The hatch opened and I saw Tris's head pop out. I immediately started firing. I dodged her bullets. Then, we both ran out of ammo. I threw my gun to the side, charging at her. I landed a kick to her stomach, and she cried out, slamming into the wall. I was about to land my final blow, when I heard a gun click behind me.

I sighed out exasperatedly. "Shit."

I felt five shots hit me. All of them were close together and rendered my leg useless.

I looked behind me and saw Christina smirking at me, gun in hand. I flopped myself over. "Wow Chris, I trained you well. Too well, it seems."

We shared a laugh as Tris grabbed my team's flag and waved it around. When she was done, both her and Christina helped me up, seeing as I couldn't walk with my seemingly dead left leg.

When we got outside the tower, I told them to just drop me off there. They asked if I was sure, but I shooed them off and told them to celebrate. I thought I was going to have to drag myself back to Dauntless, but Eric came walking up to me moments later. As he did, I pulled all the darts out.

He already looked extremely pissed but it intensified once he saw me, with my dead leg. "Someone went overboard. With that many shots in one spot, it's going to take thirty minutes or so for the effects to wear off. Who the hell shot you?"

I sighed, "Doesn't matter. Just know I kicked ass, but sadly I was outnumbered thanks to my idiotic teammates getting gunned down within the first ten seconds of the fight."

He smirked at me, "I should've been up there with you. Come on, I'll get you back on the train."

I raised my eyebrows, "How?"

He brought me to my feet and then turned around and squatted. I placed my arms around his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist. I hissed in pain as he pulled my left leg up slightly. He winced as well, "Sorry."

I laughed it off, "It's fine. Doesn't hurt that much anyways. Maybe they should upgrade those stem darts. They don't seem to be strong enough for me."

Eric smirked, "Yeah, whatever you say hot stuff."

I chuckled and we made our way back to the tracks. I heard the train coming. I started to slip down from Eric's grip, thinking I was just going to have to wait until my leg came back, and catch a train. However, Eric hoisted me back up and got a tighter grip on me. "What are you doing?"

He just smirked as the train came into view, "Hold on."

My stomach filled with adrenaline as Eric began to run towards the train. I squeezed as tight as I could. He finally jumped up onto the side of the train and pushed the button that made all the doors open. He slipped inside, placing me on the floor. No one else seemed to be coming in our cart of the train.

"Are you crazy? We could have died!" I shouted.

Eric just smirked at me, "Yeah. I know."

I immediately started attacking him with my fists, playfully. It ended with me being a laughing mess, and Eric cracking a toothy grin. He sat next to me, his arm wrapped itself around my waist.

He told me I should be good to walk by the time we got back, and that it looked like no one had jumped in our cart. I frowned, "Surely at least a few would have gotten in right?"

He shook his head, "We have less passengers on the way back. Dauntless born usually go ziplining after the War Games."

His frown came back, and his mood turned sour once again. I looked at him, knowing nothing I would say could make him feel better about it. So I decided to take his mind off of it. "Hey, I saw you get shot by Four."

His grip around me tightened, "Lex, please don't-"

"So I shot him down when he tried to run." I smirked up at my boyfriend.

He cracked a smile and chuckled, "So, that was you? It seemed like it came from the heavens. I guess in a way it did. Since that's where you're from."

I snorted in an unflattering way, "Yeah, the heavens. More like the deepest pits of hell. I'm not such a great person, but at least I have good aim."

Eric went silent for a moment, and I turned to him. He looked me in the eyes, and touched my cheek. "We're both bad people, but together, we're something good."

I smiled at him, my heart fluttering at his words. We shared a kiss and then I rested my head on his shoulder. We watched the world roll past through the open doors opposite us.

For losing the fight, it was a pretty good night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~