━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter twenty-six: the pilot█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter twenty-six: the pilot
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     "THIS IS A BAD IDEA," Indira Beren announces, staring down at the controls of the ship in front of her

"THIS IS A BAD IDEA," Indira Beren announces, staring down at the controls of the ship in front of her. Numerous buttons and switches of varying sizes and colors litter the dash of the old A-wing trainer ship and she takes in the sight of them with a skeptical expression. Narrowing her gaze, she glances over at the man beside her in the instructor's seat. "You are aware of that, right? This is a very, very, very bad idea."

"This is a great idea," Poe Dameron disagrees, lounging back in his seat and kicking his feet up on the dash. "Best idea I've ever had."

It's their first day off since the destruction of Starkiller and Poe had taken it upon himself to use that time to teach Indira how to fly; something she had vehemently protested — and was still protesting — after being dragged into the cockpit of the dilapidated A-wing ship that was reserved for training new pilots for the Resistance. Indira would have preferred to have taken their time off to sleep, but Poe Dameron had very different ideas about how he wanted them to spend their downtime.

He'd shown up at her room at the absolute crack of dawn, refusing to leave until she reluctantly rolled out of bed to go with him. Indira had yawned and complained the entire way to the hangar until he'd sat her down in the pilot's seat and told her that she was going to fly the ship. After that, she'd found herself very wide awake and extremely determined to not fly the fossil-like piece of scrap metal that she was seated in.

Indira pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs. "Poe, I don't like flying," she tells him for what has to be at least the ninety-seventh time. "I'm a shit pilot."

"I refuse to believe that," he says stubbornly. "Anyone can learn how to fly. You just haven't had the right teacher."

"Oh, and you know me so much better than I know myself?"

"I mean, it's possible," he says and she narrows her eyes to slits, causing him to straighten up quickly. "Did I say possible? I meant to say impossible."