Undercover

Once I stepped out of our apartment door I stopped in the hall. Digging in my oversize bag I pulled out a thin  black jacket and some huge dark glasses. Tory gawked at me as I slid the coat on and pulled the collar up to my face. "What in the ever loving hell are you doing JJ?" She laughed.

Speaking in a rush I said. "In case he's watching me. I'm trying to disguise myself".

Her jaw fell open. "Are you saying that he's following you?"

"I'm not certain but how else would he know my whereabouts Tor?" I huffed then grabbed her hand urging her on.

It didn't take long for me to order a new phone. I basically got a replica of the one I had before. Soon the salesman came back and handed me a new phone. I looked it over and shook my head. "I'm sorry but this isn't the one I want. I just need a simple one thanks".

The salesman smiled politely and said. "Yes, but you've been given an upgrade".

"No thanks. I can't afford an upgrade at the moment. The simple one will do". I stayed nicely.

"But Miss". The salesman insisted. "It's all been taken care of. There won't be any extra charges nor will your bill increase".

I looked down at the top of the line phone he had pushed into my hand. It was spectacular but this just didn't make sense. "I don't understand how that's so. Give me the phone I asked for and I'll pay and be on my way". I said losing patience.

"Sorry Miss, no returns. There's no need to pay a thing, everything's been taken care of". He smiled.

I opened my mouth to argue but Tory growled. "Just take the damn phone JJ. It's his mistake and your gain".

"But..". I said making my arguement but Tory cut me off.

"She'll take the phone now and thanks." Tory said grabbing up the bag and shoveling me outside.

Whirling around to glare at her I growled. "What the hell Tor? You know as well as I do somethings fishy about this. I shouldn't except this phone".

"Relax your muffin JJ. Look at it this way, you just scored yourself the most sought after phone and free at that". She grinned as if what she said was brilliant.

Tory really didn't understand the depth of my situation. To her it was all a game but to me it was becoming serious, too serious. Before I could continue berating her behavior my new phone buzzed. Without looking I already knew who it was. Walking as I looked down at my phone I opened the text.

"I hope you approve of your new phone love? Only the best for the best".

"See what you caused". I hissed at Tory shoving the phone in her face. "The entire idea of me getting a new phone was to stop this. Now you screwed that up because your mouth watered over this piece of shit technology".

"Geez JJ". Tory said somewhat taken aback by my attitude. "I'm sorry and your right. Just calm down and we will think harder on this ok?"

Rolling my eye's I turned back to the phone and replied.

"Your actions are totally unacceptable and unwanted. Get a fucking life and leave me the hell alone."

I hit send and set beside Tory on a bench with a huff. My emotions were in a turmoil and draining me. For the first time I was ready to pull a Keeley and demand we go home. That's when my phone jingled again. With a deep sigh I looked.

 With a deep sigh I looked