Death

On a cold spring night, a piercing cry is heard from a heavily secure VIP suite in the Yu Estate, follow by loud cheers of gratitude and respect.

As the piercing cry and loud cheers dim to a complete silence, a tiny 3-year-old boy with pitch black hair and dark, calming eyes is calmly walking into the VIP suite with a tall, buff, emotionless man closely behind him.

As the little boy stops in front of a tall, handsome, strict-looking man with blond hair, with no trace of emotion in his eyes, the tall blond man shows the little boy the newborn's face and tells him in a low, macho voice, "Yu Jiang, this is the Master that you will serve until your last breath. Protect him with your life and ensure his power and safety."

The little boy looks at the fragile looking baby for a minute then move his gaze back to the tall, blond man and gives him an obedient nod before everyone in the room bows respectfully to the newborn and the tall, blond man.

---

16 Years later

In a large, extravagant room in the Yu Estate, the Master of the house is downing another cup of scotch with a deep frown on his aged and tired face. Once all the liquid has disappeared from the exquisitely crafted glass in his hand, the Master slowly makes his way back to his seat and sits and motions for four of the five strict-looking, muscled guards to leave the room.

With only the Master, Yu Jiang, and the Master's right-hand man Gu Kun left in the room, the Master gives Yu Jiang an angry look and says in a cold anger-filled voice, "How do plan to resolve this?! ...You only have one job and you failed. Although the Kan Bujian group has more power and wealth, the Eryu group will risk everything to avenge the death of their young master. With the Eryu group being the second largest in the nation and on a suicidal spree, war with them could potentially weaken our defenses and allow other groups to attack us afterwards!"

With his face cast down, Yu Jiang kept silence for a while before voicing out in an expressionless tone, "Yu Jiang is wrong and is willing to accept all punishment the Master gives."

With that, the Master flips over a letter on his desk and rereads the contents over before calmly leaning back on his chair and order Gu Kun, "Send him to the Eryu group as retribution. ...With this, our groups should be at peace again."

Now, Yu Jiang was not surprised to hear what the Master had order because the notion of 'blood for blood' was as common as blinking in the Mafia world. And since he did fail to prevent the young Master from killing Eryu's young Master, when his job was to look after the Yu Zhen, the crime is on his hands. Besides, even if he was not in charge of protecting Yu Zhen and the crime was not on his hand, Yu Jiang would still have offer to take the punishment for Yu Zhen because Yu Zhen is his younger brother. Thus, in comparison to the fact that he is being sent to his death, Yu Jiang is more surprise that the Master mentioned 'Peace' in his spill, because the existence of the mafia is anything but peaceful.

---

With Yu Jiang's hands securely bound behind his back, Gu Kun roughly pulls him out of the back of Gu Kun's car. As they wait in the open street for the Eryu people to show up, Yu Jiang sees Gu Kun give him a sympathetic look before quickly wiping it off his face. Upon seeing, Gu Kun attempt to pretend to make it as if nothing had ever happened, Yu Jiang lets out a soft laugh and tells Gu Kun, "Thank you".

With a gruff, Gu Kun folds his thick arms across his chest and snorts out, "For sending you to your death. Huff. Kid you sure are weird."

With a soft smile on his face, Yu Jiang shakes his head and tells him, "No. For rising me all those years and teaching me how to survive. Thank you."

As Yu Jiang finishes his words, he sees Gu Kun cringe for a second and couldn't help from chuckling again before telling Gu Kun, "If Yu Zhen ever finds out, just tell him that this was my choice."

As he said those words, for the first time in his life he hears Gu Kun give a sigh and then pulls out a cigarette and light it.

As they both stay in the street in silence for a while, after taking one last puff of his cigarette, Gu Kun sighs and reaches into his pocket and pulls out two very small pills. One white and one blue.

Having seen the blue pill many times before, Yu Jiang stares at Gu Kun curiously and wonders why he would need a pain dulling pill, but before he could come up with an answer Gu Kun abruptly push the pill into his mouth and made Yu Jiang instinctively swallow it.

As Yu Jiang stare at him with big round eyes, Gu Kun tug on his lip and place the small white pill between his lip and his teeth.

Stun, Yu Jiang's eyes widen even more and just as he was about to asks 'why' and 'what', he sees Gu Kun stare at an approaching black SUV as he tells him, "the Eryu group is as ruthless with torture as the Kan Bujian group. ...Just endure for 15 minutes and then pop the white pill and it'll end."

Knowing exactly what Gu Kun meant by 'end', Yu Jiang wanted to say something to Gu Kun, but just as he opens his mouth, the black SUV had already came to a stop and two tall, buff man exited from the back seat doors. As they walk up to Yu Jiang and Gu Kun, Gu Kun gives Yu Jiang a 'goodbye' look and then hands him over to the two tall, buff men with white tiger tattoos peeking out of their wrist. Once they had Yu Jiang in their grasp, they roughly drag and push Yu Jiang into the back of the black SUV and headed towards the Eryu base.

---

About 6 hours has already passed since Yu Jiang arrived to the Eryu base and began his torture. However, thanks to the blue pill, even though Yu Jiang's body is cover in gruesome cuts, bruises, and blood Yu Jiang's pain was less than it would have been without the pill. So as Yu Jiang struggles to stares at the man walking towards him and deliver a hard kick to Yu Jiang's abdominal, as his body hunch over and gag, Yu Jiang decide that 6 hours is long enough and should have satisfied the Eryu group, that along with the hard kick, it was an excellent opportunity to pop the small white pill in his mouth. So as the man prepares to kick his stomach again, Yu Jiang moves the small white pill from his between his lip and teeth and pops it the moment the guys kicks him.

---

When Yu Jiang feels his conscious again, he finds that he is in a completely black space. However, even though nothing could be seen, a serene and calm mood filled Yu Jiang's senses, calming any nerve that appear. The calmness of the space made Yu Jiang really want to just go back to sleep but as his eyes slowly drift and droop, a sudden dimming blue light shone some distant away from Yu Jiang.

Sensing that he has nothing to lose and curious as to what it could be, Yu Jiang cautiously walks towards the light. As the light grew bigger and closer, just as Yu Jiang was encase in the blue light, a bottomless hole sudden appear from under his feet and Yu Jiang finds himself abruptly dropping into the hole.