4. Quarantine

Putting aside the scolding, the punishment is to clean the classroom alone. Alone. Isn't that what I hope for?

🦋

I know we live on the school's property, in the dormitory buildings. Essentially, it means our safety is guaranteed within the school compound. Despite understanding it, I don't agree with what classmates have decided. Leaving someone, me or anyone else, alone in the empty school building to continue cleaning the classroom is not a refined punishment.

While it's true tomorrow is a holiday for everyone who has worked hard today to rest, it doesn't mean I want to stay up late cleaning the classroom. I should have the option to continue cleaning at morning the next day instead of into the night today.

For all my complains, who will listen to them?

My classmates can be quite harsh. Their disfavorable opinion regarding me because of this matter, will it affect my life with them from now on? What do I do if there is a group project? Will there be anyone who is willing to team up with me? To think of this now is very late. I have nobody else but myself to blame for not covering my bases better.

"Are you thinking about something or is it your default expression when working?"

A voice of someone who has come after a refreshing bath and eating a fulfiling meal is rather obnoxious.

This me who is sweating and dirty while also hungry don't welcome him at all. Certainly not with open arms and a smile.

"I am here to help!" grinning happily, Space Antares comes inside the classroom which is half-cleaned

I have finished wiping the windows and desks. What is left is to sweep the floor.

"I bring your dinner," Space continues without minding my displeased gaze, "Why don't you eat outside as I sweep the classroom?"

To this me who is surprised by his thoughtfulness, Space puts the boxed dinner in my hands and pushes me out from the classroom. While I am busy checking the content of the boxed dinner, Space walks in and comes out from the classroom with a chair for me to sit on.

"Don't worry. I know how to use a broom," giving me a smile to assure me, Space goes into the classroom and closes the door

As a student in this prestigious high school, it means Space is also someone who is born rich. Normally, someone like that rarely knows how to clean after themselves. With a mindset like that, the reason I am given the punishment to clean the classroom is likely because my classmates want me to be troubled as I have troubled them.

The one who should have cleaned up the classroom is school janitor, after all.

Thinking only to trouble me and nothing else, I am burdened with the task to clean into the night. Now, to make use of this break granted by Space, I will eat. After making sure the classroom is spot clean, I will then return to my room for a bath and sleep.

Wait. I haven't logged in for today's login bonus yet.

"Ah,"

Taking a bite of my dinner, I chew silently while glancing at the new person coming to the classroom this late at night. What kind of business does Asterism Hamal have, is not something I am interested to know.

After taking another bite, I close my eyes so I won't have to talk to him. I hear him gives a sigh then walks to the door beside me. I take a peek at him then, only to meet his eyes because he is facing me. As he opens his mouth to ask me something, the door Asterism is about to open opens by itself.

"Mercury, someone left their textbook behind. What do I do with it?" without checking who is standing at the door, Space questions that person and is surprised to see someone completely different than who he expects standing there