-5-

^^Owen up top^^ (You are free to imagine him as you please)

OWEN

I relaxed into my chair while I fumbled with the pen in in my right hand. Carter had been talking to me and my father for about 20 minutes now, but my thoughts were somewhere else. Staring out of the window I watched as the rain cascaded down at a rapid speed. It had never rained this many days in a row, and I wondered if it would ever stop.

"Owen?" I snapped my head towards the two as they waited for my response to a question I didn't comprehend.

My father sighed and ran his hands over his face. Carter cleared his throat, then spoke up. "Have you decided your decision on the Silvercrest pack?"

This piqued my interest. This was a perfect opportunity to capture Alpha Landon. Although I was a little skeptical when I got Landon's invitation to come to his pack for an agreement. I knew I had to take advantage of this opportunity.

He was more of a behind your back kind of a wolf. He never played by the rules so I knew I needed to be two steps ahead of him. If he thought I actually believed he wanted me there to come to an agreement, then he was more foolish than I thought.

"Looks like we're taking a trip to the Silvercrest pack." I said with a smile. Carter nodded then exited my office.

"I wish you'd let this go Owen." My father said as he sat in one of the two chairs in front of my desk.

"I'm doing what you should've done years ago. I won't be a coward like you." My father had every opportunity to do what was necessary but he didn't. Now it was my turn.

He banged his fist against my desk as he stood. "I am not a coward! I did what was best for the pack! You may not understand my decisions but you will respect them!" He yelled.

I narrowed my eyes at him, struggling to hold my wolf back from surfacing. "Get out." I said through gritted teeth.

He shook his head and sighed before he left me alone with my thoughts.

Silvercrest had attacked our pack years back. Killing innocents with no remorse. I had stood by while my father did nothing. Many didn't agree with his decision so many had challenged him for his position, none succeeded. I was 19 when I came back from a year of training in British Columbia when my father finally handed me the alpha position. I could tell he wasn't happy about it, but he knew he had no choice. It was either me or one of the pack members.

After I became alpha a lot of things changed. My father was old-fashioned and had run the pack that way. I made sure not only the males but the females also trained. It was for their own good. After the attack, they needed to know how to defend themselves and their pups. My father had allowed the wolves to stop going to school after they turned 16. I wanted my pack to not only be strong physically but strong mentally, so they were forced to attend school until they graduated their senior year. We had to be prepared for any attack, this was the only way.

In my eyes they the Silvercrest pack was toxic. Unlike their alpha, I wouldn't go after the innocents. I just wanted him and the ones involved. Judgment day was coming for those bástards.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed Titus. I placed my phone on speaker the set it faced up on my desk.

"Hey Owen, what's up?" His voice filled the room after the fourth ring.