Chapter 8

I spent two hours trying to find Alex. But I couldn't find his scent nor I couldn't mind link him. Packs are usually able to mind link each other, whether mates or not. But I think he might've cut everyone off from mind linking him.

I was freaking out because it was starting to get dark and I still couldn't find him. I ran to my parent house and opened the door. "Mom? Dad? Have you seen- Alex!"

Alex was sitting on the couch with my dad, talking to him. I cried and threw myself in his arms. "I hate you." I whispered into his chest. "Why?" Alex asked, trying to act clueless. "You know why." I mumbled.

He held me in his arms as him and my dad continued to talk about whatever they were talking about. But I didn't really pay attention to the conversation. I don't know why I was so up in arms about him leaving. He was mean to me and cruel. But yet he was trying and I could tell he was slowly trusting me and letting me love him.

"Mel? Hey. We're home." Alex's voice said. I groaned, opening my eyes. "Weren't we just at my parents' house?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "Yea. But you fell asleep. So I brought you back here."

He took me to the bedroom and set me on the bed. "Why were you there to begin with?" I asked him as I looked up to him. He shrugged. "I originally left because I needed to think. But then I bumped into your dad and he asked how you were. Then we went over to your parents' house and gave me food."

He stripped from his clothing and laid next to me. The last 2 or 3 nights, he didn't dare lay next to me. He would sleep on the couch in the room. Much less, whenever he did lay with me, just in his boxers.

He turned on his side, his back facing me. I slid over and kissed between his shoulder blades. "What are you doing?" He asked, gently rolling his shoulders back, like he was telling me to stop. I didn't respond and kissed up his left shoulder blade.

Running my hands up his back and sides, I leaned up and kissed the top of his shoulder. "What are you doing?" He asked again, turning his head to look at me. "Nothing." I whispered and cuddled into his back.

He turned onto his back and looked up at me. But in an instant, I was pushed back onto the bed, him hovering over me. In the dim lighting, I barely saw his eyes change. But I knew they did. Not to the dark green they usually did whenever him and his wolf got angry. But to black. His wolf was trying to taking over.

"Alex?" I asked in a shaky whisper. He growled at me. I yelped and tried to push him off me. "Alex. Get off." I said, with a little more confidence. "No!" He roared in my face.

I tried pushing him off again but he was too big, too strong. "You don't tell me what to do! I'm the alpha!" He yelled, and forced my head to the side.

I screamed. Screamed as loud as I could. My brain had a million thoughts so mind linking someone wouldn't help. They'd just get all of my thoughts instead of what I wanted, needed to tell them.

But before anything came, the weight lifted off me and off the bed. I took deep, shaky breaths before sitting up. Alex's wolf stood in the middle of the room. "Alex. Alex, look at me." I said, crawling off the bed and towards him. His head snapped to me and he growled. His eyes were still black. He still didn't have control of his wolf.

"Shh. It's okay." I whispered, crawling towards him. "It's okay. You know me. You know I won't hurt you." I said, reaching out but his muzzle snapped toward my hand but I was fast enough for him not to bite me. "Alex, listen to me. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you hurt. Just please, I know you're probably mad. You're probably scared. But I need you to control yourself. Your wolf."

He just looked at me, growling lowly. Then I heard Alex's voice in my head.

I can't control it. He doesn't want you. He wants your wolf.

I take a deep breath. I doubt I could trick Alex's wolf into letting down if it was me controlling my shifting and wolf. But I couldn't let my wolf in control. Not now.

I sigh, knowing it was probably the only thing and let my wolf take control. My eyes changed to the red color and I let my wolf take over. It was a weird feeling, to let her out. I was usually in control of her. But if I had to do it to get Alex back, then I had to.

Alex's wolf stopped growling and whimpered before walking up and rubbing his muzzle against my wolf's. She licked his face and whimpered too.

He laid down and my wolf cuddled up against him and just laid there for several hours until both Alex and I were finally able to control them.

I looked up at Alex but he wasn't looking at me. "Alex?" I asked, reaching out to him. But he jerked under my touch and shook his head. "Don't." He said, his voice raw. I retracted my hand. "Just.. just go." He mumbled under his breath, barely audible.

He turned his head slightly. "Didn't you hear me? GO!" He yelled. I stumbled back from him and fell on my butt. "Why are you being like this?" I yelled back. "Why now? When you were finally opening up to me?"

He turned his head back, not answering. Different emotions boiled in me. Anger, sadness, fear. "Alexander! Why?" I asked.

"I'm a monster, Melanie. And someone like you shouldn't be with me." He whispered. I sighed and got to my knees. "I don't care. Just please." I whispered.

He shook his head. "I have to. I'm not going to let you be with me." He told me. He sat there, looking back at me then opened his mouth. "Don't say it. First you were all about me being your mate and now you're closing me off." I told him.

He closed his mouth and just stared at me. "You listen to me. I'm not giving up that easily. I'm not allowing you to close me off. Suck it up." I growled at him and crawled closer to him. "I'm not going to be a small, little, helpless girl anymore and I'm taking control." I said and got so close to him, that our faces were inches apart.

"Okay."