Chapter 25

Just then, in the doorway, Percy appeared, followed by Bruce.

Wanda was worried.

It had been an entire week since the day that Percy had regained his counsciousness. He had forgiven Calypso surprisingly calmly. To say she was happy would be an understatement.

The last days had been somewhat tense, though. The lack of action had driven Percy restless and the fact that he had lost his temper, showing -what Wanda assumed was- his true power, made the rest of the team a little uneasy.

Kira wasn't happy either.

Percy had been avoiding her. Wanda was pretty sure that he tried to protect her somehow. He didn't seem to notice that he was hurting her.

Wanda was currently lying on the sofa. She was looking at the ceiling while wondering if she could push Percy out of this kind of self-defense mechanism.

"Wanda." A little voice said from besides her.

Wanda turned on her side, facing the owner of the voice.

"Hey, Kira. Anything wrong?" She asked.

Kira stood silent during some seconds, thinking about how to build her question.

"Did I do something to get Percy angry?" She asked finaly. "Was- Was I bad?"

Wanda froze completely.

This is what Percy had done pushing them aside. Kira had blamed herself for his behavior.

"No, no, no." Wanda said while raising and sitting on the sofa's edge. "It's not your fault, sweetheart."

"But- But then why?" She asked, her voice turning raspy as the girl tried to hold back tears. "Why does he ignore me?"

By now, tears were trailing freely down her face.

Wanda reached down and hugged her tightly, alowing her to cry on her shoulder. "I don't know." She replied softly. "But he cares about you. More than what you think."

Kira didn't answer as she kept crying on Wanda's shoulder. It took her some minutes to fall asleep.

Wanda kept holding her tightly, with her eyes looking over the shoulder of the tiny girl, but not focusing on nothing at all.

Then and there, she made a promise to herself. She was not going to let Percy push everyone away for 'their sake'. She was not going to allow it.

Slowly and carefully, she lyed the sleeping Kira over the sofa. She whipped away the remaining tear stains on the girl's cheeks, which sleeping Kira seemed to find comforting.

She then walked towards the elevator. Her gaze had a mix of determination and fury that would have scared anyone who passed by. Luckily, she was alone.

When the elevator finaly reached her desired floor, the doors oppened to reveal an enormous swimming pool displayed on the floor.

Percy was swimming from side to side of the pool, trying to ease the constant fidgetting and thinking about his situation.

Wanda, however, did not wait a second to reach him.

"PERCY!" She shouted.

Alarmed, the demigod stopped and looked around wildly. "What happens Wanda?"

"WHAT HAPPENS?!" She asked him incredoulsy. "YOU'VE BEEN DISTANCING YOURSELF OF THE TEAM!"

Percy had his eyebrow furrowed now. "I haven't!" He said, raising his voice a bit. "I'm just bored, that's all!"