Chapter 1

Inside a private room at A country's First Citizen's Hospital, a woman was lying comatose on a queen sized bed. At the side of the bed, a young nurse whom had just finished checking the patient's numbers was standing aside while watching the sleeping woman's face in rapture.

The woman was very beautiful. Her skin was clean and white, looking almost translucent under the sunlight that was streaming through the open window. She had a small but prominent nose and as she slept, her red lips were slightly parted and expelled small, captivating breaths.

Suddenly, the door swung open and a woman in a business suit with short cropped brown hair and wearing a pair of large Prada sunglasses entered the room.

"What are you doing?"

The woman's tone was harsh as she took off her sunglasses to reveal a pair of intense phoenix eyes and glared at the young nurse who instantly deteriorated into a stuttering mess.

"I- I'm sorry, I was just watching... I'm a fan." The nurse confessed with a face red from embarrassment.

"Thank you for your support, but as you can see she is currently unconscious so it would be appreciated if you would just focus on doing your job."

"Ah." The nurse's face became even redder. "Yes. I'm sorry."

"Ah!"

Both women instantly turned around to face the source of the sudden gasp and felt their hearts rising at the frown on the beautiful woman's face and her fingers that were moving at her side.

"Call a doctor... Call a doctor!"

Only when the woman with phoenix eyes shouted for the second time and rushed to the bed side to support the woman who was trying to sit up did the young nurse snap out of her daze.

"Y- yes! I'll call the doctor. Doctor! Doctor!"

While the young nurse ran out of the room yelling, the woman with phoenix eyes went to the woman on the bed.

"Hey. Hey, hey, no. Don't try to get up, Izzy. Lie down, lie down."

She spoke to the woman on the bed like coaxing a child as she carefully combed her fingers through her silky black hair. The woman groaned in pain and slowly opened her misty, golden eyes.

There was a dull ache all through her body and her head was pounding like a drum. When Isabel opened her eyes, everything was out of focus and she even thought she was hallucinating when she saw her ex-manager, Davina Small looming near her side.

"To be seeing you here... Did I die and go to hell?"

"It's good to see you've retained your sense of humor even after that fall. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was hit by a car. Dammit!"

As she tried to move up on the bed, a sharp jolt of pain shot through Isabel and went straight to her head and it also alerted her of something ridiculous. She wasn't hallucinating.

Rushing into a sitting position despite the pain that ripped through her, Isabel ripped off the sheet covering and stared down at her body that was perfectly fine and her skin that was smooth and white like she hadn't seen it in years then she turned to the side and slapped Davina across the cheek.

"Ow! What the hell?!"

"Geez, it really stings." Isabel mumbled with a dazed look as she shook her palm that was still tingling with the sensation of slapping someone.

"It more than stings, it hurts, you stupid bitch!"

Davina cursed and glowered at her but Isabel wasn't even looking at her as her attention was fixed on the calendar hung on the wall next to the bed that had bold red numbers at the top that read '2XXX'. It was the month of May.