Chapter Thirty Three

James strode down the corridors, looking for one person in particular

Of course, over the years he had always kept an eye out for her but now he actually had something to talk about. Something important.

"Evans!" He greeted loudly upon seeing the familiar redhead stood a small distance away from him.

Lily turned around and upon seeing him, lost her smile before replying "Potter..."

"Lily, you're looking gorgeous today... Not that you ever look anything less than perfect." James smirked, leaning against the wall as he faced Lily.

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes.

James shook his head, remembering why he was there. "Actually, Lily, I do have something to talk about. It's not related to us."
"Well that's good because there is no us." Lily replied, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Listen, I have this plan. Okay, I don't really have a plan but we need a plan. Normally my Potter plans blow up spectacularly but you're smart so maybe you can help... I don't know." James stumbled over his words.

"You're rambling." Lily pointed out.
"I know, sorry."

"What's this about a plan?" Lily cut through the silence with ease.

"I know about the secret." James stated.
"What secret?" Lily asked.
"The secret, secret."

Lily let out a long, drawn out breath, closing her eyes before continuing, "You mean about Sirius and Asteria? That secret?"

It was almost as though Lily's bright green eyes could read his mind.
"Y-yeah."
"So, this plan?" She cocked her head to the side.

"Y-yeah..." James nodded, watching as Lily's flaming hair fell over her shoulders and cascaded down her back.

"Potter?" Lily shook her head at him.

"Right, the plan." James nodded again, "We need to get Sirius and Asteria to admit their relationship."
"Why, exactly?" Lily asked as she folded her arms.

"Sirius doesn't want to go public because he's worried about all the ridicule Asteria will get. The problem is, he really wants to prove he's changed and isn't some sort of slut and that's a little difficult when the only time they can be alone and... together... is when they're kissing in some dark corner." James explained, "So really, we'd be helping out our two best friends."

Lily pondered this for a moment. She could tell that the hidden relationship was taking it's toll on Asteria as she was always looking over her shoulder. Maybe some people would judge, but Asteria was strong and witty when she wanted to be. Lily was certain they'd be fine, and if they weren't she'd be there to help anyway.

"Okay, I'm in." Lily nodded, copying James' action.

"So... What's the plan?" James asked.
"I thought you had a plan."
"I just said I didn't."
"Why do I have to come up with one?"
"You're smart."
"You make lots more plans than I do."