28- Napping On The Move

Venus had transformed twice before she had to go back to school. The last night of the school holidays was her second transformation. Meaning that she was exhausted on the train.

There were no free compartments which meant that the three girls ended up sharing a compartment with Harry, Ron and Hermione who were accompanied by Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan who were reliving the quidditch cup and Neville Longbottom who was listening to them.

Venus quickly fell asleep with her head on Neville's shoulder which made the boy blush. But he didn't push her off. Instead he moved her head onto his lap so she would be more comfortable.

Ginny was glad to see Venus sleeping. It seemed like Venus had hardly been sleeping recently. She had confessed to Ginny how worried she was feeling about how everyone at school would react if they found out about her furry little problem, as she had been calling it.

Dumbledore had prevented the rumours spreading among parents and the students, so Ginny was sure that it would remain a secret as long as Venus wanted it to.

The only people who knew were the two healers who had treated her, her family and friends, along with a few selected teachers.

Venus slept the entire way to Hogwarts, Mali shook her awake when they stopped at the train station.

They ended up in a carriage up to the school with Neville, Harry, Ron and Hermione.

The students were forced to sprint from the carriages to the castle, straight through to the Great Hall, as it was raining outside and inside Peeves was throwing water balloons at students in the entrance hall.

Dumbledore's speech was all about the upcoming Triwizard tournament that would be taking place that year. The entire quidditch team were horrified to find out that there would be no quidditch that year because of the tournament.

Dumbledore also announced that the delegations from the other wizarding schools would be arriving on the 30th October and the champions would be revealed on Halloween.

"That's going to be so cool!" Mali grinned, "I wonder how the champions will be selected."

Venus smiled. She knew that she wouldn't be able to see the champions being selected. Halloween was a full moon, as well as her birthday.

"Yeah." Venus nodded, "I wonder."

********

Timetables were handed out the following morning. Being in third year Venus had chosen two new subjects to take up for the next few years.

Under Bill's suggestion she had taken Ancient Runes and by Charlie's suggestion she had chosen Care of Magical Creatures. She hadn't really wanted to take any other subjects so she just decided to do what they suggested.

Mali had opted for Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures, whilst Ginny had taken Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies.

They had all opted for Care of Magical Creatures so that they at least had one class together.

"What's our first class?" Mali asked through a mouthful of waffles.

"Why don't you check?" Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Because I can just ask."

"Its Defence Against The Dark Arts." Venus answered, her face down on the wooden table.

"Are you okay Ve?" Mali asked.

"I'm just tired," Venus sat up, "I need coffee."

Ginny handed her some coffee and she drank it.

"Right, I ready let's go to class." Venus jumped up.

"She's been drinking a lot of coffee recently." Mali murmured.

"She always drinks a lot of coffee." Ginny grabbed her books and hurried after Venus, "Ve! It's this way."

"I knew that!" Venus quickly changed direction.

********

"Right." Professor Moody growled at the students when they sat down in class. "I know you're only third years, but I will be going through these with everyone, I don't care what the ministry says, you need to be prepared. So who can name one of the Unforgivable curses?"

No one said anything.

"No one?" Moody frowned, "The first is the imperious curse." Moody pulled out a spider, "Imperio."

Moody entertained the class by making the spider do backflips.

"Many witches and wizards claimed that they only did You Know Who's bidding under the influence of Impero." Moody told the class, all of whom were absolutely silent. "Does anyone know any others?"

Once again no one answered. Moody grumbled, "if this is what the rest of the school is like I have my work cut out for me."

He turned back to the spider, "Crucio." The spider began to squeal and writhe in pain. "The crutiatus curse." Moody informed them, "not nice."

He looked around, almost daring the class to tell him what the last spell was, "any ideas about the last one?"

Luna Lovegood raised her hand, she was a Ravenclaw girl who was widely regarded as weird by the school. But Venus had always thought she was quite clever, she gave the best insights in class and somehow always knew the answer to questions.

"Yes Miss-"

"Lovegood," Luna said in a floaty voice, "there's the killing curse."

"Yes," Moody's voice lowered as if he was letting them all in on a secret, "prehaps the worst of them all."

He pointed his wand at the spider, "Avada Kedavra." He muttered. There was a flash of green light and the spider stiffened and became still.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx