xvi. AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL

CHAPTER SIXTEENAFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL

After a long struggle of smuggling Coach's belongings from his office, Stiles and I made our way out onto the lacrosse field. We hadn't talked the whole way there and here. Not since I lashed out at him. The look of hurt that had crossed his face had made a tug at my heart.

But I had to be strong. I was trying not to give in. And it wasn't easy.

"Hey wait up!" we heard as we began venturing onto the lacrosse field. Stiles and I looked back to see Scott jogging to catch up with us. When he did, Stiles began laying down the plan.

"Okay," he started. He sat down on the bench and dug through his lacrosse bag. He yanked out the heart monitor strap we 'borrowed' from Coach. "Now put this on."

"Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" Scott asked when he grabbed it from Stiles.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, we borrowed it."

"Stole it," Scott corrected with a grin.

"Temporarily misappropriated. Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs. You're going to wear it for the rest of the day."

I dangled the phone between two of my fingers. Scot looked at with a raised eyebrow.

"Isn't that Coach's phone?"

"Okay, that we stole," I admitted with a smile.

"Why?" Scott asked.

Stiles sighed. "Okay, well your heart rate goes up when go wolf right? When you play lacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry. Maybe learning how to control it is tied to learning how to control your heart rate."

"Like the Incredible Hulk," Scott grinned.

"Kind of like the Incredible Hulk," Stiles replied.

"No, I'm kind of like the Incredible Hu—"

"Can you shut and just put the strap on?" I laughed.

After Scotty was all strapped up with the monitor, Stiles and I placed him in the middle of the field. Stiles grabbed the duct tape out of his bag and approached Scott with it. He ripped off giant pieces, taping Scott's hands behind his back.

"This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period," Scott told us as he stood completely confused.

Stiles and I walked a short distance away, Stiles holding a lacrosse stick.

"This isn't how anyone wants to spend their free period Scotty," I smirked.

"Alright, you ready?" Stiles asked him, dumping lacrosse balls onto the ground.