Encouragement and Confidence

Dream_Craziness

When I first joined WP, I joined not as a writer, but as a reader. Shortly thereafter, I began my hand in writing fanfiction (Vampire Academy, of course!), and WP gave me the courage to share my story with the world. After my FF was well received, I had the spark of an idea for an original story of my own - and I took the plunge and shared it with the world of WP. Wattpad gave me the opportunity to hone-in my voice, practice my writing techniques, and gain feedback from my intended audience–while I was still writing the first draft. All of these opportunities helped me succeed in publishing a clean and polished final manuscript which has been well received in today's market.

Wattpad has helped me in so many ways. Other than the (more technical) ways in which WP helped (listed above); WP also helped me in emotional ways. The platform provided the encouragement to write my story and helped build my confidence to hit the button and share my work with the world.

The best tip I have to share with newbie writers is to write. Just write. Don't try to write a clean, perfect, and polished manuscript from the beginning. Drafts are supposed to be messy. Just let your fingers fly over the keyboard while your dreams float through your head. Worry about the clean-up during revisions and editing. Also, write from the heart. Write the story that you want to write, not what others think should happen, or what's "hot" on the market today. Write the story that you want to read. Best of luck and keep on writing!